gary burns's docking station updates anyone?

  • Clint D
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 5, 2004
      Since the FR's Docking Station will cost $1799, I'm
      even more curious as to what Gary's going to offer
      with his version of it. Perhaps the best route is
      indeed to upgrade my existing RL500. Has anyone heard
      from him recently?

      Not replying or ignoring emails concerning this topic
      sure isn't doing much in persuading me to trust his business.

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
    • gary burns

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 5, 2004
          Because they are based out of Israel and they don't sell as much in USA as compared to Europe. Like small car & bike market. They sell better in Europe. So, price is inflated to protect the "mowers" that wont sell and it gives dealers a price to quote that makes their prices seem like a bargain. When in reality the price dealers ask is set by Friendly, which means it is the "real" retail price.

          Clint D <clintd555@...> wrote:
          I dont know why this went into my Bulk Folder. Anyway
          $1799 is quite more than I expected. I wonder how do
          they justify this price.

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 5, 2004
            Well I surely won't be paying $1799 for a new mower.
            Being that most people have multiple zones separated
            by a fence, it just doesnt justify it. I'm sticking to
            my handy $499 RL500. It gets the job done and I have
            no complaints about it - though I wish it was
            waterproof.

            Geez for $1500 you can cut loose 3 or more RL500's in
            the yard - one for each zone!

            I suspect the RL1000 will not do well in the US.

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 5, 2004
              Hmm...well I can stick with manually taking mine
              outside. :)