Solar Robomower - Video

  • Ben Sporl
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2008
      Solar powered robomower (Husqvarna). Only $4,000.

      I wonder if I can put solar cells on my Woot RL500 and save $3800.

      http://www.megawhat.tv/clips/305/Husqvarna_AutoMower

    • Kathleen Dillon Hunt
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2008
        Can you make me one too? :)

        ************
        Kathleen Dillon Hunt
        (360) 584-9280
        <mailto:Kathleen@...> Kathleen@...

        _____

        Solar powered robomower (Husqvarna). Only $4,000.

        I wonder if I can put solar cells on my Woot RL500 and save $3800.

        http://www.megawhat <http://www.megawhat.tv/clips/305/Husqvarna_AutoMower>
        .tv/clips/305/Husqvarna_AutoMower

      • wolfbob
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 7, 2008
          Why yes you can. Look into getting a solar panel for 24
          volts 25 watts. It will cost around $200-300, a controller
          for 24 volts, cost around $50, and find a sunny place to
          park the mower. It should charge the batteries in about 2
          days (5.5 hrs/day for 240 watthours). Harbor Freight is
          selling a 15 watt 12 volt panel for around $100 with
          controller and using two of them should pull the train. But
          why...the $200 will buy an awful lot of electricity from
          your power co.
        • Bob and Barbara
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 8, 2008
            I think I'll stick with the $9-$10 per year cost of electricity for
            each of my 2 RL1000s. That seems like a no brainer to me... LOL

            Bob