RE: [RoboMower] Battery won't charge through the cradle connection-how to check fuses

  • Steve Jones
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 25, 2008
      Hi Jeff,

      This group can be a bit of a ghost town this time of year.

      The fuses can be a bit stubborn. Working them up and down as you pull to
      remove them usually works for us. The board is pretty strong but everything
      has a limit. You are after the small fuse but it is easier to get at once
      the larger one is out.

      Before going through that, did you check the power supply output? It should
      be 32+ volts DC.

      Steve

      Steve Jones
      Probotics
      Cyperceptions, Inc.
      215-886-4717 x 11
      sjones@...
      www.probotics.com

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 26, 2008
        Are you sure that the cradle you replaced is ok? This has happened to
        me several times and each time it was the cradle.
        On Jan 25, 2008, at 4:51 PM, jeff webster wrote:

        > well thanks group! no help. Not sure why this group exists
        > I've contributed. yet no one helps me
        >
        > I'm very disappointed
        >

        > jeff webster <rainycityguy@...> wrote:
        > Says check power. I have already replaced the cradle so that is not
        > it. Could it be a fuse? if so, and I looked, they seem difficult to
        > get to and a gentle tug did not pull it out (green one). Has anyone
        > pulled a fuse? How hard can I pull? Can I use pliers? Does the board
        > come out to make it easier? And there are 2 fuses, a green larger one
        > and a red (I think) smaller one. what do each do? Any help would be
        > appreciated.
        >
        > What else could this be? The batteies charge fine externally

      • ronald heinz
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 26, 2008
          Should be no problem. It is probably corroded, so tug
          with a loing nose shouyld do it. Mine was blown and i
          pulled it and put a fine wire around terminals about
          the gauge of the fuse. That was about three years ago
          and still working lol. Ron Heinz
          --- Joseph & Julie Karaisz <jjkaraisz@...> wrote:

          > Are you sure that the cradle you replaced is ok?
          > This has happened to
          > me several times and each time it was the cradle.
          > On Jan 25, 2008, at 4:51 PM, jeff webster wrote:
          >
          > > well thanks group! no help. Not sure why this
          > group exists
          > > I've contributed. yet no one helps me
          > >
          > > I'm very disappointed
          > >

          > > jeff webster <rainycityguy@...> wrote:
          > > Says check power. I have already replaced the
          > cradle so that is not
          > > it. Could it be a fuse? if so, and I looked, they
          > seem difficult to
          > > get to and a gentle tug did not pull it out (green
          > one). Has anyone
          > > pulled a fuse? How hard can I pull? Can I use
          > pliers? Does the board
          > > come out to make it easier? And there are 2 fuses,
          > a green larger one
          > > and a red (I think) smaller one. what do each do?
          > Any help would be
          > > appreciated.
          > >
          > > What else could this be? The batteies charge fine
          > externally

          > removed]

          > removed]

          > removed]