Re: [RoboMower] Re: New RL1000

  • Clint D
    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 1 4:03 AM
      Great idea! I guess if your zones are separated by a fence, it'll still be useless. I'm wondering what other features they added as well. I'm anxious to find out!

      jayamec@... wrote:
      I'm sure that the RoboMower guys have thought of the different
      zones as they have always given the option of 4 in the
      previous programming.  From what I would guess...

      Timer on Mower, Mower in Docking station.

      Mower has two drive motors with encoders.

      Mower uses docking station as a zero point.

      Example:

      Mower backs out of docking station 10 feet.
      Robot now knows if it goes north 50 feet,
      then west 100 feet from the docking station,
      it will be in or near zone b, or c.

      It will be very interesting to see what additions they have made!

      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "renegade600" <renegade600@y...>
      wrote:
      > Was looking at the new RL1000 and noticed it will mow and dock on
      > schedule.  But looks like it may be inconvenient to use if theres
      > more than one zone.  Any thoughts...

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • jayamec@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 1 5:14 AM
        That's true, I'm sure they have not added a "open the fence"
        routine to the programming....hahaha

        --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Clint D <clintd555@y...> wrote:
        > Great idea! I guess if your zones are separated by a fence, it'll
        still be useless. I'm wondering what other features they added as
        well. I'm anxious to find out!

        > jayamec@y... wrote:
        > I'm sure that the RoboMower guys have thought of the different
        > zones as they have always given the option of 4 in the
        > previous programming. From what I would guess...
        >
        > Timer on Mower, Mower in Docking station.
        >
        > Mower has two drive motors with encoders.
        >
        > Mower uses docking station as a zero point.
        >
        > Example:
        >
        > Mower backs out of docking station 10 feet.
        > Robot now knows if it goes north 50 feet,
        > then west 100 feet from the docking station,
        > it will be in or near zone b, or c.
        >
        > It will be very interesting to see what additions they have made!
        >

        > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "renegade600" <renegade600@y...>
        > wrote:
        > > Was looking at the new RL1000 and noticed it will mow and dock
        on
        > > schedule. But looks like it may be inconvenient to use if
        theres
        > > more than one zone. Any thoughts...
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        Service.

      • Clint D
        Message 3 of 22 , Feb 1 8:22 AM
          I wonder could you install a robogate that opens when only the mower approaches it

          Message 4 of 22 , Feb 1 8:27 AM
            I'm sure there are products available. It always goes back to
            the old factor...How Much Money Do You Want To Spend?

            --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Clint D <clintd555@y...> wrote:
            > I wonder could you install a robogate that opens when only the
            mower approaches it

            > jayamec@y... wrote:That's true, I'm sure they have not added
            a "open the fence"
            > routine to the programming....hahaha
            >

            > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Clint D <clintd555@y...> wrote:
            > > Great idea! I guess if your zones are separated by a fence,
            it'll
            > still be useless. I'm wondering what other features they added as
            > well. I'm anxious to find out!
            > >

            > > jayamec@y... wrote:
            > > I'm sure that the RoboMower guys have thought of the different
            > > zones as they have always given the option of 4 in the
            > > previous programming. From what I would guess...
            > >
            > > Timer on Mower, Mower in Docking station.
            > >
            > > Mower has two drive motors with encoders.
            > >
            > > Mower uses docking station as a zero point.
            > >
            > > Example:
            > >
            > > Mower backs out of docking station 10 feet.
            > > Robot now knows if it goes north 50 feet,
            > > then west 100 feet from the docking station,
            > > it will be in or near zone b, or c.
            > >
            > > It will be very interesting to see what additions they have made!
            > >

            > > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "renegade600"
            <renegade600@y...>
            > > wrote:
            > > > Was looking at the new RL1000 and noticed it will mow and dock
            > on
            > > > schedule. But looks like it may be inconvenient to use if
            > theres
            > > > more than one zone. Any thoughts...
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            > Service.

            Service.

          • gary burns
            Message 5 of 22 , Feb 1 11:46 AM
              More like 5 feet then starts edge, then goes into center and begins to mow. You could combine mowing areas into one by having multiple perimeter switches.  Actually they only made this docking station  because of the "other" robot mower has one. My custom recharge stations have two advantages to theirs. 1) mine is covered so robo will not get wet. 2) I will have true anti theft -locked in charging station. 3) My station will be less $$$. 4) only need one of mine.

              Message 6 of 22 , Feb 1 11:59 AM
                I hate to have an answer for everything but as a dealer , I know this one also.

                They enlarged the drain hole under the control box. They also gave it more of an angle which makes water run out and underneath.

                BUT and I mean BUT you should not use your robomower in a down pour rain. My dist told me this directly.

                Clint D <clintd555@...> wrote:
                I wonder what did they do to the RL1000 to make it waterproof. I'm not interested in the docking station feature since I have four zones....as most of us do have more than one anyway. But the waterproof feature seems appealing. However the mower looks the same. Does anyone know what parts they coated with waterproofing? It seems like we should be able to modify our existing mowers to make them waterproof.

                gary burns <blacksuade1968@...> wrote:
                That would be correct. You would need station for front and back.  That means$$$$$$$

                Was looking at the new RL1000 and noticed it will mow and dock on a

                Message 7 of 22 , Feb 1 2:50 PM
                  Do you have your own charging station? Are you making it? Do you have any pictures?

                        Message 11 of 22 , Feb 1 10:01 PM
                          The ads I have seen about the rl1000 says it is fully waterproof and
                          can stay in the yard all year around.

                            Message 13 of 22 , Feb 2 9:44 AM
                              Being that their compeition (Automower and solarmower)
                              can run during the rain, I think FR probably would
                              have waterproofed the RL1000 as well. If not, then I
                              think that's a big mistake on their part.

                              http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
                            • gary burns
                              Message 14 of 22 , Feb 2 10:10 AM
                                HOW WOULD SOLAR MOWER WORK IN RAIN IF THERE IS NO SUN?

                              • Clint D
                                Message 15 of 22 , Feb 2 10:16 AM
                                  LOL! Good point. How about the Automower? and the
                                  iMow?

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Feb 2 10:16 AM
                                    Actually i didnt mean iMow, I meant Mowbot.

                                    Message 17 of 22 , Feb 2 10:57 AM
                                      Imows are made by Friendly Robotics too, same mower.Toro says they will not sell them anymore at least this year.

                                    • Clint D
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Feb 2 11:52 AM
                                        I'm curious as to know more about your docking
                                        station. Can you tell us the features of it? How will
                                        it differ from Friendly Robotics? Will we have to
                                        upgrade our current RL500-800 for it?

                                        http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/