Re: New RL1000

  • jayamec@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 31, 2004
      I'm sure that the RoboMower guys have thought of the different
      zones as they have always given the option of 4 in the
      previous programming. From what I would guess...

      Timer on Mower, Mower in Docking station.

      Mower has two drive motors with encoders.

      Mower uses docking station as a zero point.

      Example:

      Mower backs out of docking station 10 feet.
      Robot now knows if it goes north 50 feet,
      then west 100 feet from the docking station,
      it will be in or near zone b, or c.

      It will be very interesting to see what additions they have made!

      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "renegade600" <renegade600@y...>
      wrote:
      > Was looking at the new RL1000 and noticed it will mow and dock on
      > schedule. But looks like it may be inconvenient to use if theres
      > more than one zone. Any thoughts...
    • Clint D
      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 1, 2004
        Great idea! I guess if your zones are separated by a fence, it'll still be useless. I'm wondering what other features they added as well. I'm anxious to find out!

        wrote:
        > Was looking at the new RL1000 and noticed it will mow and dock on
        > schedule.  But looks like it may be inconvenient to use if theres
        > more than one zone.  Any thoughts...

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Do you Yahoo!?

      • jayamec@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 22 , Feb 1, 2004
          That's true, I'm sure they have not added a "open the fence"
          routine to the programming....hahaha

          --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Clint D <clintd555@y...> wrote:
          > Great idea! I guess if your zones are separated by a fence, it'll
          still be useless. I'm wondering what other features they added as
          well. I'm anxious to find out!

          > jayamec@y... wrote:
          > I'm sure that the RoboMower guys have thought of the different
          > zones as they have always given the option of 4 in the
          > previous programming. From what I would guess...
          >
          > Timer on Mower, Mower in Docking station.
          >
          > Mower has two drive motors with encoders.
          >
          > Mower uses docking station as a zero point.
          >
          > Example:
          >
          > Mower backs out of docking station 10 feet.
          > Robot now knows if it goes north 50 feet,
          > then west 100 feet from the docking station,
          > it will be in or near zone b, or c.
          >
          > It will be very interesting to see what additions they have made!
          >

          > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "renegade600" <renegade600@y...>
          > wrote:
          > > Was looking at the new RL1000 and noticed it will mow and dock
          on
          > > schedule. But looks like it may be inconvenient to use if
          theres
          > > more than one zone. Any thoughts...
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

          Service.

        • Clint D
          Message 4 of 22 , Feb 1, 2004
            I wonder could you install a robogate that opens when only the mower approaches it

            Message 5 of 22 , Feb 1, 2004
              I'm sure there are products available. It always goes back to
              the old factor...How Much Money Do You Want To Spend?

              --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Clint D <clintd555@y...> wrote:
              > I wonder could you install a robogate that opens when only the
              mower approaches it

              > jayamec@y... wrote:That's true, I'm sure they have not added
              a "open the fence"
              > routine to the programming....hahaha
              >

              > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Clint D <clintd555@y...> wrote:
              > > Great idea! I guess if your zones are separated by a fence,
              it'll
              > still be useless. I'm wondering what other features they added as
              > well. I'm anxious to find out!
              > >

              > > jayamec@y... wrote:
              > > I'm sure that the RoboMower guys have thought of the different
              > > zones as they have always given the option of 4 in the
              > > previous programming. From what I would guess...
              > >
              > > Timer on Mower, Mower in Docking station.
              > >
              > > Mower has two drive motors with encoders.
              > >
              > > Mower uses docking station as a zero point.
              > >
              > > Example:
              > >
              > > Mower backs out of docking station 10 feet.
              > > Robot now knows if it goes north 50 feet,
              > > then west 100 feet from the docking station,
              > > it will be in or near zone b, or c.
              > >
              > > It will be very interesting to see what additions they have made!
              > >

              > > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "renegade600"
              <renegade600@y...>
              > > wrote:
              > > > Was looking at the new RL1000 and noticed it will mow and dock
              > on
              > > > schedule. But looks like it may be inconvenient to use if
              > theres
              > > > more than one zone. Any thoughts...
              > >

              > > Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

              > Service.

              Service.

            • gary burns
              Message 6 of 22 , Feb 1, 2004
                More like 5 feet then starts edge, then goes into center and begins to mow. You could combine mowing areas into one by having multiple perimeter switches.  Actually they only made this docking station  because of the "other" robot mower has one. My custom recharge stations have two advantages to theirs. 1) mine is covered so robo will not get wet. 2) I will have true anti theft -locked in charging station. 3) My station will be less $$$. 4) only need one of mine.

                Message 7 of 22 , Feb 1, 2004
                  I hate to have an answer for everything but as a dealer , I know this one also.

                  They enlarged the drain hole under the control box. They also gave it more of an angle which makes water run out and underneath.

                  BUT and I mean BUT you should not use your robomower in a down pour rain. My dist told me this directly.

                  Clint D <clintd555@...> wrote:
                  I wonder what did they do to the RL1000 to make it waterproof. I'm not interested in the docking station feature since I have four zones....as most of us do have more than one anyway. But the waterproof feature seems appealing. However the mower looks the same. Does anyone know what parts they coated with waterproofing? It seems like we should be able to modify our existing mowers to make them waterproof.

                  gary burns <blacksuade1968@...> wrote:
                  That would be correct. You would need station for front and back.  That means$$$$$$$

                  Was looking at the new RL1000 and noticed it will mow and dock on a

                  Message 8 of 22 , Feb 1, 2004
                    Do you have your own charging station? Are you making it? Do you have any pictures?

                          Message 12 of 22 , Feb 1, 2004
                            The ads I have seen about the rl1000 says it is fully waterproof and
                            can stay in the yard all year around.

                              Message 14 of 22 , Feb 2, 2004
                                Being that their compeition (Automower and solarmower)
                                can run during the rain, I think FR probably would
                                have waterproofed the RL1000 as well. If not, then I
                                think that's a big mistake on their part.

                                http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/
                              • gary burns
                                Message 15 of 22 , Feb 2, 2004
                                  HOW WOULD SOLAR MOWER WORK IN RAIN IF THERE IS NO SUN?

                                • Clint D
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Feb 2, 2004
                                    LOL! Good point. How about the Automower? and the
                                    iMow?

                                    Message 17 of 22 , Feb 2, 2004
                                      Actually i didnt mean iMow, I meant Mowbot.

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Feb 2, 2004
                                        Imows are made by Friendly Robotics too, same mower.Toro says they will not sell them anymore at least this year.

                                      • Clint D
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Feb 2, 2004
                                          I'm curious as to know more about your docking
                                          station. Can you tell us the features of it? How will
                                          it differ from Friendly Robotics? Will we have to
                                          upgrade our current RL500-800 for it?

                                          http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/