Thanks - New Battery

  • Tammie_Mills
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2007
      Thanks to those who responded to my email regarding needing a new
      battery. Your help was greatly appreciated.

      My husband found an old card for Tyler and gave him a call as well. As
      always he was more than helpful and pointed something that we had
      forgotten about -- we're in Louisville, KY, if you purchase your
      battery locally you qualify for a rebate from the county. He also gave
      us several options of where to purchase the batteries locally and how
      to check that we really need a new one.

      So all in all, we're looking good. This Yahoo group is great and I'm
      very glad that you are all so helpful, but I have to say once again how
      much we miss Tyler having a local shop. Not only does he have a wealth
      of knowledge on the subject, he's extremely talented and always willing
      to provide assistance with a smile (even when it's no longer his 9 to 5
      job). Obviously, he has a passion for the subject and has been
      terrific at sharing it with others. I know he's missed by MANY around
      here.

      Thanks again to everyone!
    • George Worthington
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2007
        Hi all,

        I have a RL1000 that I purchased a few months back.
        I've noticed the mower out a few times when we had
        rain, but I thought perhaps the rain wasn't hard
        enough to kick the rain sensor off on the Robomower.
        However, today we have deluge and the lawn sprinkler
        program got accidentally changed so the lawn and the
        Robomower are getting absolutely drenched - but the
        mower still left at its programed start time and is
        mowing in the torrential downpour. Do I have a
        defective unit?

        Thanks,

        George

      • IGGYandSvetlana
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 4, 2007
          The sensor has a sensitivity level. Check the manual. I’d drip some water on
          the rain sensor – make sure it’s not too much just in case.

          _
          _| |___
          ¸...¸ _ _/ /\____
          ,·´º o`· , /__/ _/\_ //____/\_\
          ``)¨(´´ | | [ ] | | [ ]| | |[ ] || ||±±±±||
          ¸,.-·°°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°°·-. :º°

          Sincerely,

          IGGY

          _____

          I have a RL1000 that I purchased a few months back.
          I've noticed the mower out a few times when we had
          rain, but I thought perhaps the rain wasn't hard
          enough to kick the rain sensor off on the Robomower.
          However, today we have deluge and the lawn sprinkler
          program got accidentally changed so the lawn and the
          Robomower are getting absolutely drenched - but the
          mower still left at its programed start time and is
          mowing in the torrential downpour. Do I have a
          defective unit?

          Thanks,

          George

          Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect. Join Yahoo!'s user panel
          and lay it on us. http://surveylink.
          <http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7>

          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 5, 2007
            I'll check the manual out (when I find out), but where
            is the rain sensor located at?
            --- IGGYandSvetlana <iggyandsvetlana@...>
            wrote:

            > The sensor has a sensitivity level. Check the
            > manual. I’d drip some water on
            > the rain sensor – make sure it’s not too much just
            > in case.
            >
            > _
            > _| |___
            > ¸...¸ _ _/ /\____
            > ,·´º o`· , /__/ _/\_ //____/\_\
            > ``)¨(´´ | | [ ] | | [ ]| | |[ ] || ||±±±±||
            > ¸,.-·°°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°°·-. :º°
            >

            > Sincerely,
            >

            > IGGY
            >

            > _____

            http://farechase.yahoo.com/
          • IGGYandSvetlana
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 5, 2007
              The manual can be found at www.FriendlyRobotics.com
              <http://www.friendlyrobotics.com/> in PDF format.

              The sensor is actually two small metal “nipples” on the controller.

              _
              _| |___
              ¸...¸ _ _/ /\____
              ,·´º o`· , /__/ _/\_ //____/\_\
              ``)¨(´´ | | [ ] | | [ ]| | |[ ] || ||±±±±||
              ¸,.-·°°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°°·-. :º°

              Sincerely,

              IGGY Dybal

              _____

              I'll check the manual out (when I find out), but where
              is the rain sensor located at?
              --- IGGYandSvetlana <iggyandsvetlana@
              <mailto:iggyandsvetlana%40everestkc.net> everestkc.net>
              wrote:

              > The sensor has a sensitivity level. Check the
              > manual. I’d drip some water on
              > the rain sensor – make sure it’s not too much just
              > in case.
              >
              > _
              > _| |___
              > ¸...¸ _ _/ /\____
              > ,·´º o`· , /__/ _/\_ //____/\_\
              > ``)¨(´´ | | [ ] | | [ ]| | |[ ] || ||±±±±||
              > ¸,.-·°°´ ¸,.-·~·~·-.,¸ `°°·-. :º°
              >

              > Sincerely,
              >

              > IGGY
              >

              > _____
              >
              > From: RoboMower@yahoogrou <mailto:RoboMower%40yahoogroups.com> ps.com
              On Behalf
              > Of George Worthington
              > Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 7:47 AM
              > To: RoboMower@yahoogrou <mailto:RoboMower%40yahoogroups.com> ps.com
              > Subject: [RoboMower] RL1000 Rain sensor? Well mine
              > isn't working
              >

              > Hi all,
              >
              > I have a RL1000 that I purchased a few months back.
              > I've noticed the mower out a few times when we had
              > rain, but I thought perhaps the rain wasn't hard
              > enough to kick the rain sensor off on the Robomower.
              > However, today we have deluge and the lawn sprinkler
              > program got accidentally changed so the lawn and the
              > Robomower are getting absolutely drenched - but the
              > mower still left at its programed start time and is
              > mowing in the torrential downpour. Do I have a
              > defective unit?
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > George

              > Fussy? Opinionated? Impossible to please? Perfect.
              > Join Yahoo!'s user panel
              > and lay it on us. http://surveylink.

              <http://surveylink.
              <http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7>
              yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7>
              > yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7

              > removed]

              FareChase.
              http://farechase. <http://farechase.yahoo.com/> yahoo.com/