RE: [RoboMower] ConnectR - may not make it to production????????????

  • IGGYandSvetlana
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 28, 2007
      _____

      From: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com [mailto:RoboMower@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Clint D
      There's also a re-occurring network fee. In order for the ConnectR to work,
      you must use iRobot's service... They haven't announced how much that'll be.

      Hmmmmmm, interesting. I bet you that monthly/yearly connection fee is
      something that iRobot is testing. If the fee is $10-20 per month or more I
      think that people may not want to spend this much. Under $10 I’d say yes,
      this is why they are not sure if this thing will go into production. I am a
      bit puzzled that they would announce it so big, put a final price tag on it
      at $500 and say they are not sure if it will go into production. I think
      only one news source carried it but they directly quoted from iRobot execs.
      I am sure they’ll quickly come to understand that they need to install an
      LCD screen on the thing. Note that there is a flat area in the ConnectR
      which can incorporate a small pop up or unfolding screen to see the person
      on the other end of the line, the buttons can be moved to the side of the
      bot on the red section – feedback from users no doubt will tell them that.
      If LCD screen was present, there was a sudden motion and sound detector that
      would trigger taking a picture and sending it over the Net to your cell
      phone also stores it on the server like Spykee and also if this thing was an
      mp3 player like Spykee and price was $300-400 with a low monthly fee or
      $500-600 with built in live subscription like Tivo used to have (I have it
      and love not paying monthly fees but I would pay unwillingly monthly like
      new Tivos are) I am positive the thing would be of interest to many people.

      _
      _| |___

      Sincerely,

      IGGY Dybal