Experiencr with Aerify

  • mackenziema
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 6 6:51 AM
      There was a request for people's experience with the Aerify product
      awhile back. I too was skeptical. What the product is, is basically
      shampoo. Jerry Baker recomends spraying baby shampoo over your lawn,
      so this isn't too different, but most commercial shampoos are *Sodium*
      Laurith Sulfate, but Aerify is *Ammonium Laurith Sulfate. Too much
      Sodium (like in table salt, Sodium Cloride) is bad for plants.
      Ammonium ions on the other hand, break down into Nitrogen and water
      which are good for your plants (unless they are really over applied)

      I had hard clay soil that used to require a pickaxe to dig any
      reasonable size hole. After using Aerify last year for about 6 months,
      I can dig into my soil with a good shovel, and save the pick for
      removing rocks. In short it works. Using Aerify and gypsum might work
      even better, but what really needs to happen is for the Aerify to
      loosen the soil and plant roots and worms to add organic material.
    • Clint D
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 6 7:30 AM
        How many times did you apply the treatment within that 6 month period? I have Aerify too and I found that it does work, but if you do not water it in very well, it does nothing.

        Clint

        mackenziema <mackenziema@...> wrote: There was a request for people's experience with the Aerify product