Re: mangled words...

  • jayamec@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 16, 2003
      The mangled words are things like I'm, Don't, We'd, anything with
      the '

      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, terry_veldhuizen@y... wrote:
      > P.S. Does anyone know why some words are mangled? When I view the
      > messages, some words are really messed up.
    • Dr. Potter
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 16, 2003
        Message
        I monitored that list for a long time. Novelty wise all thought it was great. There were repeat complaints by different people most often about wheels and the side brush attachment. Also you had to tuck all rug fringes away, clear up any large chunks and it was reported not to do too well on deep dust. If pet hair it had to be taken apart to clean on a regular basis. I guess once your home is very clean and tidy it would be great but with a dirt tray about the size of an ashtray it would last about one passage down our hall!
        I find far fewer compalints re the lawn mower.

        Dr J Potter

        Vancouver, BC , Canada

        http://www.wbvc.bc.ca

        Message 3 of 17 , May 5, 2004
          > Tell me about the Roomba. I've heard some good reports about it. It
          > is a very hot item on Ebay. They are selling close to retail. I'm
          > assuming that it will still be necessary to do some heavy duty
          > vacuuming from time to time. Does the Roomba do a decent job, in
          > your opinion?

          Roomba has a discussion group at www.yahoogroups.com/groups/roomba-users -
          it's a rather active discussion group. From what I've been following on it,
          Roomba is plagued by mechanical problems - belts, spinning, battery not
          recharging. Etc.

          As a moderator I have no problem discussing RoboVacs on this group as they
          are so closely related and perhpas we later can transition to it and I can
          rename it RoboMowers & RoboVacs, but if you guys want more details on Roomba
          go to that group - they know much more about it that most of RoboMower
          users.

          Sincerely,

          IGGY Dybal - RE/MAX Best - Kansas City
          Office: 913-894-4024 Toll-free 1-877-550-4449
          E-mail: iggykc@...