Re: Robovac and strange characters when reading e-mail.

  • Iggy and Svetlana
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 16, 2003
      > I dabble on the Roomba board and they seem to have two weaknesses.
      > The first is the battery. It has a couple of nasty habits, such as
      > when it is plugged into the charger and left there, the battery
      > charges up fully, then begins to discharge. They recommend that you
      > leave it charge 24 hours, they disconnect the charger. They have an
      > add-on as a fix and they are sending it to registered owners, but I
      > have not seen any feedback on it yet. The other weakness seems to be
      > in the cleaning of it. Performance slowly drops off, and after
      > several months it needs a be partially disassembled and thoroughly
      > cleaned. Not for the faint of heart.

      Roomba is not a true vacuum, it's more of a sweeper from what I understand,
      but that is neither here or there. I heard that FriendlyRobotics and Hoover
      were working on a true robovac that will be actually "sucking" dirt out of
      the carpet and in-between hardwood floor planks :o) Do a search on the Net
      and you'll find some press releases. Don't know where exactly there are on
      it.

      > P.S. Does anyone know why some words are mangled? When I view the
      > messages, some words are really messed up.

      I've noticed this too on another yahoo group - I think there is something
      with yahoo discussion boards happening if you are reading your e-mail on the
      web. I have not seen problems with actual e-mails I get via Outlook Express.

      Sincerely,

      IGGY Dybal

      Your Real Estate Consultant - Kansas City - RE/MAX Best

      E-mail: mailto:iggy@... Web site: http://www.iggy.net
      Office: 913-894-4024 Toll-free: 877-550-IGGY/4449
      Fax: 913-451-5361