Re: Best aftermarket battery

  • markf123452001
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 4, 2007
      TL

      How did you discharge your cells in the winter?

      Mark F.

      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "tsl902003" <thomas-lehman@...>
      wrote:

      > My 4th set of cells just died. Just got them late last season.
      Kept
      > them inside fully charged and discharged them every few wks over
      the
      > winter.
      >
      > I know some people have been successful with aftermarket cells. I
      > can't remember (and haven't been able to find with the search)
      what
      > the optimum size/capacity cell is.
      >
      > My first set was replaced under warranty. I bought my last two
      > through Tyler. I'm out of warranty so getting something
      aftermarket
      > should be fine.
      >
      > Thanks in advance.
      >
      > TL

    • IGGY & Svetlana
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 5, 2007
        YOU DO NOT DISCHARGE THE BATTERY IN WINTER OR WHEN YOU DON'T USE IT. You charge it up fully, then remove it from mower or the fast charger and charge up every 1-2 months. Do not let it discharge partially or completely. Keep it in room temps.

        FR changed the battery instructions - they are on their site.

        IGGY

        wrote:

        > My 4th set of cells just died. Just got them late last season.
        Kept
        > them inside fully charged and discharged them every few wks over
        the
        > winter.
        >
        > I know some people have been successful with aftermarket cells. I
        > can't remember (and haven't been able to find with the search)
        what
        > the optimum size/capacity cell is.
        >
        > My first set was replaced under warranty. I bought my last two
        > through Tyler. I'm out of warranty so getting something
        aftermarket
        > should be fine.
        >
        > Thanks in advance.
        >
        > TL

      • Gene
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 6, 2007
          After following the suggested winter battery charging patern, my
          batteries only gave me an hour and a half of mowing at the start of the
          season, this year, early May. I have now mowed and recharged (Slow
          charger that came with RL500) almost every day since then. I am now
          getting two hours of mowing time. How is this possible? When I ended the
          season, last year, I was getting about two and a half hours. Will it be
          possible to recover that much battery life?

          Gene
          --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "markf123452001" <mark@...> wrote:

          > TL
          >
          > How did you discharge your cells in the winter?
          >
          > Mark F.
          >

          > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "tsl902003" thomas-lehman@
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > My 4th set of cells just died. Just got them late last season.
          > Kept
          > > them inside fully charged and discharged them every few wks over
          > the
          > > winter.
          > >
          > > I know some people have been successful with aftermarket cells. I
          > > can't remember (and haven't been able to find with the search)
          > what
          > > the optimum size/capacity cell is.
          > >
          > > My first set was replaced under warranty. I bought my last two
          > > through Tyler. I'm out of warranty so getting something
          > aftermarket
          > > should be fine.
          > >
          > > Thanks in advance.
          > >
          > > TL

        • beekilher
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 6, 2007
            Your grass is wet and thick in the spring dry and thin in the fall.
            Fall mow time will be longer than spring.