Re: [RoboMower] Removing Drive Wheel Motor

    Message 1 of 8 , May 31, 2007
      The motors are identical.
      You reversed the wires on the RIGHT motor. When you push "forward",
      the right side backs up so it turns right. Press "right" and the left
      is suppose to go forward and the right motor goes in reverse to make it
      spin clockwise. The right motor is backwards so it goes forward, both
      motors are going forward so the machine goes forward instead.

      Danny

      trentc@... wrote:

      >However, the experiment was not entirely successful. The mower now turns
      >right when I push the forward button, it turns left when I press the back
      >button, and you guessed it, if I press the right button it moves forward and the
      >left backward.

    • prosthesissam
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2007
        It might be entertaining to see what it will do if you tell it to
        mow. The compass will tell it to compensate to go in a straight
        line, but I think that would cause it to drive backwards. Then
        again, it might be best to not play with it that way.

        - Sam