Re: [RoboMower] Re: Robo reversing mid mow

  • Joseph Karaisz
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 30, 2007
      What does dk stand for?
      On Apr 30, 2007, at 1:13 PM, toolman_d wrote:

      > The RL500 I picked up locally was doing the same thing but would also
      > spiral a little bit at the end as it was going back into the yard. I
      > reset the DK and the compass and it fixed it.
      >
      > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "Bob and Barbara"
      > <eventtravelers@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Has anybody experinced or know why "Burgundy" Robo would reverse
      > > direction mid mow? It does not happen in the same spots or any
      > > paticuliar distance from the perimeter wire.
      > > I have watched it several times... comes off the perimter, mows
      > > toward the middle of the yard, stops and reverses. Sometimes it will
      > > do it 2-3 times in a row, other times just once or not at all.
      > >
      > > By it doing this, mowing coverage is awful this season. Lots of
      > uncut
      > > spots left.
      > >
      > > Bob

    • prosthesissam
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 30, 2007
        Ever since I had Ty update JoJo's software he also will back away
        from the wire, do a little jig, and then keep going. He also wastes
        a lot of time in corners, although he almost never gets stuck now.
        If I don't have to help him do his ONLY job as often, I'm happy with
        the weird little tradeoffs.

        - Sam

      • tysamigo@aol.com
        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 30, 2007
          There is more than 1 level of diagnostics but anything more than level 1 is
          meant for R&D. It is never used when diagnosing and/or repairing mowers.
          The only level anyone needs in most cases is Level 1 which you get to by
          entering the 12321 as everyone knows for years now.

          Tyler

          In a message dated 4/30/2007 6:42:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          iggyandsvetlana@... writes:

          This maybe DK calibration itself -a fancy word for compass? Or there is
          another higher level tech support menu - did you use that service code someone
          posted to the group to enter the menu?

          IGGY

        • Bob and Barbara
          Message 4 of 22 , May 1, 2007
            DK stands for Direction Keeper.....

            --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Karaisz <jjkaraisz@...>
            wrote:

            > What does dk stand for?
            > On Apr 30, 2007, at 1:13 PM, toolman_d wrote:
            >
            > > The RL500 I picked up locally was doing the same thing but would
            also
            > > spiral a little bit at the end as it was going back into the
            yard. I
            > > reset the DK and the compass and it fixed it.
            > >
            > > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "Bob and Barbara"
            > > <eventtravelers@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Has anybody experinced or know why "Burgundy" Robo would
            reverse
            > > > direction mid mow? It does not happen in the same spots or any
            > > > paticuliar distance from the perimeter wire.
            > > > I have watched it several times... comes off the perimter, mows
            > > > toward the middle of the yard, stops and reverses. Sometimes
            it will
            > > > do it 2-3 times in a row, other times just once or not at all.
            > > >
            > > > By it doing this, mowing coverage is awful this season. Lots
            of
            > > uncut
            > > > spots left.
            > > >
            > > > Bob

          • IGGY & Svetlana
            Message 5 of 22 , May 1, 2007
              When was that? Surely not recently? You describe old software on RL500 and 550 - come to wire, stop, back off, stop, make a turn, stop, go to the wire, repeat. The new updated software is come to wire, stop, back off WITHOUT stop and make a turn WHILE BACKING OFF, go to the wire, repeat. Old software can be upgraded to new even on older mowers (some motherboard limitations I ASSume apply?)

              IGGY

            • tysamigo@aol.com
              Message 6 of 22 , May 1, 2007
                Direction Keeper.

                Tyler

                In a message dated 5/1/2007 9:56:21 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                jjkaraisz@... writes:

                What does dk stand for?

              • markfromminnesota
                Message 7 of 22 , May 1, 2007
                  Donkey Kong?
                  But I'm not sure what that would have to do with it. :0)
                  ~ 'kito

                  --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, tysamigo@... wrote:

                  > Direction Keeper.
                  >
                  > Tyler
                  >

                  > In a message dated 5/1/2007 9:56:21 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                  > jjkaraisz@... writes:
                  >
                  > What does dk stand for?

                • prosthesissam
                  Message 8 of 22 , May 1, 2007
                    That was last year, but JoJo doesn't do it every time, just every
                    once in a while. I don't know why. He usually meets the wire,
                    stops, reverses direction to the other wire, repeat. As for the
                    weird behavior in corners, it's every time he gets into a corner. He
                    turns around till he meets the other wire 90 degrees away, stops,
                    backs-up, goes forward, and does it a few more times. This is every
                    time he meets a corner in scan mode.

                    - Sam

                    --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, IGGY & Svetlana
                    <iggyandsvetlana@...> wrote:

                    > When was that? Surely not recently? You describe old software on
                    RL500 and 550 - come to wire, stop, back off, stop, make a turn,
                    stop, go to the wire, repeat. The new updated software is come to
                    wire, stop, back off WITHOUT stop and make a turn WHILE BACKING OFF,
                    go to the wire, repeat. Old software can be upgraded to new even on
                    older mowers (some motherboard limitations I ASSume apply?)

                    > IGGY

                  • Joseph Karaisz
                    Message 9 of 22 , May 2, 2007
                      That does not sound like abnormal behavior, does it? I think both of
                      mine have been doing that since I have owned them.