Re: [RoboMower] Re: Robo reversing mid mow

  • Joseph Karaisz
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 30 12:19 PM
      What does dk stand for?
      On Apr 30, 2007, at 1:13 PM, toolman_d wrote:

      > The RL500 I picked up locally was doing the same thing but would also
      > spiral a little bit at the end as it was going back into the yard. I
      > reset the DK and the compass and it fixed it.
      >
      > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "Bob and Barbara"
      > <eventtravelers@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Has anybody experinced or know why "Burgundy" Robo would reverse
      > > direction mid mow? It does not happen in the same spots or any
      > > paticuliar distance from the perimeter wire.
      > > I have watched it several times... comes off the perimter, mows
      > > toward the middle of the yard, stops and reverses. Sometimes it will
      > > do it 2-3 times in a row, other times just once or not at all.
      > >
      > > By it doing this, mowing coverage is awful this season. Lots of
      > uncut
      > > spots left.
      > >
      > > Bob

    • prosthesissam
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 30 11:23 PM
        Ever since I had Ty update JoJo's software he also will back away
        from the wire, do a little jig, and then keep going. He also wastes
        a lot of time in corners, although he almost never gets stuck now.
        If I don't have to help him do his ONLY job as often, I'm happy with
        the weird little tradeoffs.

        - Sam

      • tysamigo@aol.com
        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 30 11:56 PM
          Bob,

          When I replaced your mower's main board I used the exact same software chip
          that was in your original main board. It is the same :)

          Tyler

          In a message dated 4/30/2007 5:40:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
          eventtravelers@... writes:

          Austin, Was yours a 2005 Robo? Did you change Firmware? or Software?
          What was your software version?
          Mine is a 2005 robo but Tyler just replaced the motherboard in it. I
          should still have the same software, I hope...

          Or maybe this new motherboard is bad?

          Hope there's an easy fix to this, as my grass is growing in leaps
          and bounds.

          Bob

          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 30 11:59 PM
            There is more than 1 level of diagnostics but anything more than level 1 is
            meant for R&D. It is never used when diagnosing and/or repairing mowers.
            The only level anyone needs in most cases is Level 1 which you get to by
            entering the 12321 as everyone knows for years now.

            Tyler

            In a message dated 4/30/2007 6:42:17 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
            iggyandsvetlana@... writes:

            This maybe DK calibration itself -a fancy word for compass? Or there is
            another higher level tech support menu - did you use that service code someone
            posted to the group to enter the menu?

            IGGY

          • Bob and Barbara
            Message 5 of 22 , May 1, 2007
              DK stands for Direction Keeper.....

              --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Karaisz <jjkaraisz@...>
              wrote:

              > What does dk stand for?
              > On Apr 30, 2007, at 1:13 PM, toolman_d wrote:
              >
              > > The RL500 I picked up locally was doing the same thing but would
              also
              > > spiral a little bit at the end as it was going back into the
              yard. I
              > > reset the DK and the compass and it fixed it.
              > >
              > > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "Bob and Barbara"
              > > <eventtravelers@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Has anybody experinced or know why "Burgundy" Robo would
              reverse
              > > > direction mid mow? It does not happen in the same spots or any
              > > > paticuliar distance from the perimeter wire.
              > > > I have watched it several times... comes off the perimter, mows
              > > > toward the middle of the yard, stops and reverses. Sometimes
              it will
              > > > do it 2-3 times in a row, other times just once or not at all.
              > > >
              > > > By it doing this, mowing coverage is awful this season. Lots
              of
              > > uncut
              > > > spots left.
              > > >
              > > > Bob

            • IGGY & Svetlana
              Message 6 of 22 , May 1, 2007
                When was that? Surely not recently? You describe old software on RL500 and 550 - come to wire, stop, back off, stop, make a turn, stop, go to the wire, repeat. The new updated software is come to wire, stop, back off WITHOUT stop and make a turn WHILE BACKING OFF, go to the wire, repeat. Old software can be upgraded to new even on older mowers (some motherboard limitations I ASSume apply?)

                IGGY

              • tysamigo@aol.com
                Message 7 of 22 , May 1, 2007
                  Direction Keeper.

                  Tyler

                  In a message dated 5/1/2007 9:56:21 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                  jjkaraisz@... writes:

                  What does dk stand for?

                • markfromminnesota
                  Message 8 of 22 , May 1, 2007
                    Donkey Kong?
                    But I'm not sure what that would have to do with it. :0)
                    ~ 'kito

                    --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, tysamigo@... wrote:

                    > Direction Keeper.
                    >
                    > Tyler
                    >

                    > In a message dated 5/1/2007 9:56:21 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                    > jjkaraisz@... writes:
                    >
                    > What does dk stand for?

                  • prosthesissam
                    Message 9 of 22 , May 1, 2007
                      That was last year, but JoJo doesn't do it every time, just every
                      once in a while. I don't know why. He usually meets the wire,
                      stops, reverses direction to the other wire, repeat. As for the
                      weird behavior in corners, it's every time he gets into a corner. He
                      turns around till he meets the other wire 90 degrees away, stops,
                      backs-up, goes forward, and does it a few more times. This is every
                      time he meets a corner in scan mode.

                      - Sam

                      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, IGGY & Svetlana
                      <iggyandsvetlana@...> wrote:

                      > When was that? Surely not recently? You describe old software on
                      RL500 and 550 - come to wire, stop, back off, stop, make a turn,
                      stop, go to the wire, repeat. The new updated software is come to
                      wire, stop, back off WITHOUT stop and make a turn WHILE BACKING OFF,
                      go to the wire, repeat. Old software can be upgraded to new even on
                      older mowers (some motherboard limitations I ASSume apply?)

                      > IGGY

                    • Joseph Karaisz
                      Message 10 of 22 , May 2, 2007
                        That does not sound like abnormal behavior, does it? I think both of
                        mine have been doing that since I have owned them.