Re: [RoboMower] Distance of Perimeter wire from fence

  • IGGY & Svetlana
    Message 1 of 28 , Apr 2, 2007
      I use the hammer as a ruler :o)

      IGGY

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Dan Barclay
      To: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 3:11 PM
      Subject: RE: [RoboMower] Distance of Perimeter wire from fence

      Distance from stuff:

      1, 2, and 3 pegs.

      1. Sidewalks and other "non barrier" edges, put the wire about a peg
      length from the edge.
      2. "Soft" barriers like flower beds with edges the mower could get on
      without hurting anything (straw, mulch, etc), put the wire 2 peg length from
      the edge.
      3. "Hard" barriers like walls or fences, put the wire about 3 peg
      lengths away. Note that at corners you may want to "lead" the turn or "lag"
      the turn depending on the direction of a turn.

      Set up a test perimeter, lightly staked. Play with it on a couple of 90
      degree turns (both directions) and watch the mower. It will save you some
      tinkering after you get the wire down.

      Dan

      _____