RE: [RoboMower] Battery replacement options...

    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 19, 2007
      Thanks Tyler.

      I'll have to look to be sure of the timing, but I think it was less than a
      year. I'll also have to actually measure how long they're running, and I'm
      not sure what you'd call "bad".

      I'm really looking for new batteries for the second mower, which haven't
      been replaced.

      However, my comment was intended to say that even when brand new the
      replacement batteries haven't lasted as long as the originals when they were
      new. When I first got the mowers I'd have to watch because they would last
      longer than the perimeter wire timer and wouldn't make it back to the dock
      before the wire turned off (5 hrs if I recall).

      I don't know if that maybe was due to the mowers being new, or the battery
      type, or something else. The battery mfgr is different, but the ratings are
      the same if I recall.

      Anyway, something with loooong runtime is best and I'm willing to look at
      something that might even be a few bucks more to get it. Runtime is key to
      these critters. I want to get back to the original performance.

      Dan

      _____

      Message 35 of 35 , Apr 9 10:43 AM
        Wow, I did not know that. I have three rapid chargers and 5 batteries. I have always left them on the charger and have experienced the same hugh difference in the amount of time the mowers will mow, mine have never gone more than 2 hours of run time, hence the reason I have 10 zones. I guess I was destroying the batteries with the rapid chargers.