Re: Remote control snow plow

  • wild_bill_howell
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 22, 2007
      <I guess nobody reads newpaper articles, and
      > Only watches TV... LOL >
      ------------------
      Movement appeals to our T-Rex-like, lizard brain vision system.
      ; )

      WB
      Wapner at eleven

      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "Bob and Barbara"
      <eventtravelers@...> wrote:

      > Hey Iggy, I posted a link to an article about that same guy with the
      > golf cart snow plow 5 days before you all saw it on TV. I didn't get
      > any comments on it, so I guess nobody reads newpaper articles, and
      > Only watches TV... LOL What's this world coming to? hehe
      >
      > Bob
      >

      > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, IGGY - Kansas City Homes
      > <iggykc@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The other day "Nightline"on ABC had a piece on a guy who created a
      > remote
      > > controlled snow plow to clear his driveway in Michigan????? He took
      > an old
      > > golf cart, added a camera to it, snow plow, modified the body - it
      > looks
      > > like a Zamboni for ice skating rinks but a smaller version. Looked
      > kind of
      > > cool! He was sitting in his family room and controlling it with a
      > remote and
      > > watching it on TV. He surely got it right this season, looks like
      > his
      > > neighbors were all digging out and he was drinking warm tea.
      > >
      > > They then said he was working on a remote controlled lawn
      > mower ;o) - I got
      > > a chuckle out of it. I am sure it would be a gas powered one
      > too :o) Surely
      > > the guy doesn't know about RoboMower and LawnBott :o)
      > >
      > > IGGY

    • allen WK0Q
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 7, 2007
        Photos? I have only been working on this for 2 or 3 years, I just
        havn't had time :-) Sadly I have never taken any pictures even when
        Lawncow I was in operation and the cat liked to ride around on it(I
        was so afraid it was going to stick it's foot in the blades or let
        its tail get trimmed but that never happened) I do have some pictures
        from the security cam that I might be able to dig up but I'll warn
        you now it ain't pretty. I'm running 2 10" (soon to be 13") drive
        wheels with a crazy wheel in front. The swath is 21" with three blade
        disks. Obstacle avoidance is totally ultrasonic(soon to be
        supplemented with some wobble stick type sensors). Motion is
        controlled with a basic stamp and soon the onboard cam will be servo
        mounted and move with the steering. Power supply is a standard
        fullsize deepcycle with a solar panel to help it out.
        I think the best thing to happen to robotic mowing is the auto
        docking and I think the next thing would be gps mapping(at least for
        very large yards) and/or a pc linkup for added control options.
        And now a shameless plug for one of my own groups for the tinkerers
        who need one more group to join :-)
        Its not very active but I'll try to post some updates this spring and
        summer.
        Allen

        --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Clint D <clintd555@...> wrote:

        > Allen, do you have any photos of your mower? Tell us more about it.
        What do you think about the current line-up of robotic mowers?

        > Clint
        >
        > http://www.robomower.biz
        >

        > Allen <rfguy@...> wrote: Hello
        Iggy & the group,
        > I saw that, wonder if he's gonna make it automatic like RoboMower
        so it can push snow while he sleeps?? I don't have A RoboMower but I
        am one of the few people left in the world that thinks we must build
        our own :-) I'm working on Lawncow II, so named because it loves to
        graze all day and leaves a few less tasty clumps of grass while
        trying to get the grass on the other side the fence and escaping
        periodically(luckily we don't live in town). I sure do enjoy this
        group even though I don't post but once in a blue moon.