Re: [RoboMower] Re: Not RoboMower related - What's good for a PC? - turn off,...

  • stuarth44@aol.com
    Message 1 of 33 , Feb 5, 2007
      Things like toasters do not draw when they are off. The things that do are
      items that use transformers, like cell phone chargers, laptop power adapters,
      etc. It actually can add up to a fairly significant amount of power wasted
      if you have a lot of those devices. There are a lot of devices that I have
      that I can't unplug, like my cable modem, network router and switch, etc. I
      try to unplug power adapters when I'm not using them and switched to mostly
      compact fluorescent light bulbs. Switching the light bulbs over made a big
      difference. It's also nice, because they last way longer. A lot of them have
      pretty good (warmer) "color temperatures" so they aren't bright white like
      they used to be. I think it's a not brainer to switch to them.

      Stuart

      In a message dated 2/4/2007 11:38:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      iggyandsvetlana@... writes:

      Does a computer or appliance still draw energy even if it's shut off?
      I know my Tivo and my Dishreceiver are always on when the lights are
      on. But this thing with the empty cell phone charger wiothut a cell
      phone got me thinking. There has to be some draw even from shut off
      appliances - like a toaster?

    • IGGY & Svetlana
      Message 33 of 33 , Feb 6, 2007
        I did not brush my teeth in the shower :o) - it was outside at the vanity.

        I love that episode of Sinefeld - I recall Kramer making a salad in the shower and installing a garbage disposal in it :o)

        IGGY