Robomower 2007 Pricing.

  • mikereedks
    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 30, 2007
      Robomower pricing: Affective February 5, 2007.

      RL 850: MSRP: $1,489.99. Expected street price $1,399.99 delivered.
      RL 1000: MSRP: $1899.99. Expected street price $1,899.99 delivered.
    • Keith Rowell
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 31, 2007
        I agree that this is the best "early adopter" bet I've ever made also. I love it and I tell everyone that. I've been mowing the grass with push mowers since I was a kid. I would rank this technology to be on a par with dishwashers and automatic clothes dryers in terms of making a drudgery chore easy and convenient. I get lots of gawkers also and am suprised that no-one feels like "taking the bait" and joining the club. I also expect to see thousands of takers.

        You can get alot of lawn service for $1300 I guess and it doesn't require alot of installation.

        I have to assume it's a fear of technology combined with price. You can get notebook computers for $1300 these days. Very good ones. I'm guessing the "non adopters" are people who have spent $1300 plus on PC's that they constantly have trouble with (like my mother and viruses) and once bitten, don't want to buy more headaches of technology they dont understand. Funny no one feels that way about their dishwasher. Perhaps people with "high tech" dishwashers do! I know I've seen microwaves and "VCR"s that are incomprehensible to operate. I paid alot for an "ASKO" dishwasher that is great. It has 3 buttons and 7 lighted icons to tell what's going on.

        A good marketing strategy might be to remove the word "robot" from the name and remove some of the buttons and options. Or at least hide them from the casual user.

        I suspect that the x generation will have no trouble operating them at all. But they are so green that they might just as soon eliminate grass from their gardens all togeather. (The other alternative to push mowing.) The industry will definitely grow exponentially. But unfortunately, the best product doesn't always win.

        keith rowell