RL 500 for sale-make offer

  • kdaracal
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 27, 2007
      I have a yellow RL-500, originally bought and used in Missouri, with
      slick wheels. I had it upgraded with knobby wheels and a software
      upgrade soon after I bought it. He's been in service at our new home
      in California from 4/04 to the present.

      I have two perimeter switches, one 2 hr and one 5 hr, both working but
      both have one lead loose and I have to poke the wire back into the
      connector to complete the connection.
      I have two batteries, one on its last leg and one much newer. One quick
      charger, about 450ft of new wire, two sets of dull blades, several
      pegs, a big switch peg, a robo ruler, and a handfull of black and
      green wire connectors of various kinds. The mower still works fine but
      has never been greased or refurbished since new. It still has original
      owners manual and glossy ad flyer.
      I don't wish to spend money for blades and upgrades, and am going to
      Does anybody want to buy this guy?
      His name is T2. He's been well loved, worked hard, but needs a new
      home. Please make a fair offer!
      Owner in sunny California.
    • Iggy and Svetlana
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 27, 2007
        _____

        From: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com [mailto:RoboMower@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
        Of kdaracal
        The mower still works fine but has never been greased or refurbished since
        new. It still has original owners manual and glossy ad flyer. I don't wish
        to spend money for blades and upgrades, and am going to go back to the Dark
        Side and buy a regular junky $120.00 gas mower!
        Does anybody want to buy this guy?

        Besides not wanting to buy blades not upgrade the software, what other
        reasons do you have?

        Do you really need to upgrade the software? Is it giving you any navigation
        problems? RL500 as it is is a good mower already. Granted, it is a bit
        slower in navigation with its
        come-to-the-wire-stop-back-out-stop-turn-go-to-the-other-wire algorithm vs.
        making a Y turn while backing out on the newer models, but even this is no
        more than 10% efficiency increase compared to the RL500 you have. To me this
        would be a small price to pay for NEVER mowing manually.

        Or do you have any other problems with the layout of the yard, holes in the
        dirt, mower getting stuck, tree roots, etc that you cannot rectify?

        I think I had it opened only once or twice to dust off the stuff from the
        inside. I also had it sent off for service to check the gears screeching -
        Tyler at RoboDirect inspected it, lubricated the gears but that was about
        it. I can hear them still sometimes when the mower goes, but I really don't
        care. The newer mowers have better and more reliable gears I think.

        You don't have to spend money on blades, you can sharpen them yourself. Get
        a $40 sharpener at HomeDepot. I have 5 sets of blades and 1 set of low cut
        blades. I sharpen them all at the beginning of the season and use them
        throughout the mowing period. Before I had them sharpened for $8 a set at a
        local ACE HARDWARE store. The time I save driving to drop off the blades at
        the hardware store is paid for itself by having the electric sharpener in my
        garage which I take out on the deck and in 20 minutes I have them all
        sharpened.

        A couple of sets of dull blades were given to me by other RM users. Ask
        around, maybe someone has some spare blades they want to give to you. This
        has never given my RL500 (updated with RL550 software) any problems with
        balancing of the blades at all.

        I am afraid you are going to be missing it. On top of that, you will have to
        pay for gas, oil and most importantly CONTRIBUTE TO POLLUTION, YOUR SKIN
        EXPOSURE TO THE SUN, OVEREXAUST YOURSELF IN HEAT, just to name a few.

        IGGY

      • Keith Rowell
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 28, 2007
          I'll offer $120

          Keith Rowell

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 28, 2007
            --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Iggy and Svetlana
            <iggyandsvetlana@...> wrote:

            > _____
            >
            > From: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com [mailto:RoboMower@yahoogroups.com]
            On Behalf
> [...]
            set at a
            > local ACE HARDWARE store. The time I save driving to drop off the
            blades at
            > the hardware store is paid for itself by having the electric
            sharpener in my
            > garage which I take out on the deck and in 20 minutes I have them all
            > sharpened.
            >

            > A couple of sets of dull blades were given to me by other RM users. Ask
            > around, maybe someone has some spare blades they want to give to
            you. This
            > has never given my RL500 (updated with RL550 software) any problems with
            > balancing of the blades at all.
            >

            > I am afraid you are going to be missing it. On top of that, you will
            have to
            > pay for gas, oil and most importantly CONTRIBUTE TO POLLUTION, YOUR SKIN
            > EXPOSURE TO THE SUN, OVEREXAUST YOURSELF IN HEAT, just to name a few.

            Thanks, IGGY. I will take this under advisement. Thanks for taking
            time out to reply. This is my first ever 'group' I've joined.
            God bless!
            kdaracal
          • kdaracal
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 28, 2007
              --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Rowell" <rowell@...> wrote:

              > I'll offer $120
              >
              > Keith Rowell

              Thanks for the offer, Keith. I want to double check all the counts on
              my accessory list, and give a quick check on the better of the two
              batteries. Even the newer battery has some mileage and I want to be
              totally sure about the condition of everything. Your offer is generous
              and I want to be sure I'm selling what I'm saying!!
              I'm new at this, perhaps shipping costs will be issue. How do we make
              this happen so we are both happy? Thanks alot and hope to hear from
              you soon.
              kdaracal