front wheel problem

  • anemoi9
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2006
      Does anyone know why my front wheel would suddenly not be adjustable?
      It's locked into position, and cannot be adjusted for height.
    • Austin Morgan
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11, 2006
        If you adjust the front wheel to high I have found that the spring loaded lock
        will stick. If you get out a very small screwdriver then you can pop the lock
        out and screw the wheel back in. This feature is there to prevent you from
        accidentally removing the front wheel.

        Austin

        anemoi9 (pjmille@...) wrote:

        > Does anyone know why my front wheel would suddenly not be adjustable?
        > It's locked into position, and cannot be adjusted for height.

      • ga2ia
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 11, 2006
          I get this sometimes with mine.
          If the wheel is at the highest position it is because the stopper
          (locking pin) has engaged all the way to prevent accidentally
          removing the wheel.

          On the back of the screw hole is a small slanted opening. Push back
          the little black pin with a small screwdriver while turning the wheel
          screw clockwise.

          If the wheel is not a the highest position, push down hard on the
          wheel screw while turning. The stopper will sometimes catch one of
          the threads.

          You may even be able to pull on the wheel while turning the wheel
          screw, I haven't tried that.

          Kerry

          --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "anemoi9" <pjmille@...> wrote:

          > Does anyone know why my front wheel would suddenly not be
          adjustable?
          > It's locked into position, and cannot be adjusted for height.

        • Pam Miller
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 11, 2006
            Thanks. I'll try that.