Re: [RoboMower] Robo Direct Closing

  • tysamigo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 8, 2006
      Hi all,

      Gosh, I don't know where to start but one thing is for sure, I sincerely
      appreciate the overwhelming feedback received since the announcement. I've
      always loved coming to work and enjoyed working with ALL of you. I know so many
      of you by first name and much about you just as good friends who lived near
      each other or neighbors and will seriously miss everyone.

      I wanted to let everyone know if you don't know already that I cannot take
      full responsibility for the support that Robo Direct has given for the last 6
      years. Roy Tamir who now works at STC (the US distributor for Friendly
      Robotics) was my mentor from the very beginning. Who knows how many thousands and
      thousands of cell phone hours we have both accumilated as I aggressively
      learned more and more about FR's products and how many flights I've taken to
      train on the latest/greatest. Without Roy I would certainly have never even
      opened a business. May I note that Roy also did everything possible to keep me
      in the business and he is also saddened at the situation but understands
      completely. Roy is remaining and will continue to help support the remaining and
      active service centers such as Probotics and Bamabots as well as all other
      service centers in which I have not named here. He will also help customers
      directly. In reality for most emailed thanks coming to me, Roy should also
      receive one as he helped me in becoming who I am today. He accepted my calls
      regardless of holiday, time of day even as late as 10pm, or repetition of
      calls and was always there for me. I just wanted everyone to know how important
      Roy (_support@..._ (mailto:support@...) ) is
      to the service industry and now with my absence he will be the last
      individual left from the original Friendly Robotics crew here in the US. Roy, kutos
      to you my friend. You made it longer than me winning the bet hahahaha

      And I certainly cannot neglect to mention the other half of the backbone of
      the company, Steve and Trey. Without these 2 very very hard-working and
      loyal friends to help me with the business, there is no way I could have provided
      the level of service that we did. Steve and Trey are both moving on to
      another job but our long friendship will continue to grow as Robo Direct comes to
      an end. Steve and Trey if you are reading, thank you very much supporting
      our mutual idea for Robo Direct. We had some good times for sure!

      I have an auto-responder on my email at the moment in the event you send an
      email just until I get things together. I am compiling the list of items for
      sale now along with photos and will take over the weekend also to work on
      it. I have many emails and voice mails to respond to but I would appreciate
      everyone's patience and understanding for me to take a few days without
      immediately responding to requests to get everything together. Then I will respond
      to each and every voice mail and email and take care of you. Thanks for your
      patience.

      I'm really going to miss working here and with all of you but I think you
      all will be just fine as the support will be coming from others who know how to
      provide quality customer service.

      I will be in touch by email and with the group once I have everything ready.
      Thank you for all of your support and very generous replies to my official
      posting of closing. It really means a lot to me to know how much I have
      helped.

      Regards
      Tyler

      In a message dated 12/4/2006 5:48:23 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      tysamigo@... writes:

      Hi all,

      After 6 years and hundreds & hundreds of new friends later, I regret
      to say that Robo Direct will be closing. I am the only one left of
      the staff and will remain here until about Jan to service any mowers
      in or out of warranty. Anyone who wishes to send their mower for
      service may still do so but please ensure arrangements are made
      within 2 weeks. I still have a full stock of parts and
      accessories.

      I am compiling an inventory list of all RoboMower parts and
      accessories which will be on sale. I will also have a list of other
      items for sale in which I will no longer need including office
      materials such as computers, flat screen monitors, furniture,
      conveyors, workbenches, shipping/packing materials, phone system,
      printers, tools, etc. Please keep in mind that MOST items are less
      than 2 years old while many are less than 1 year old including all
      electronics and still have transferrable warranties. I hope to have
      these lists posted on the group within a week.

      I must say I've certainly enjoyed working with all of you. Some of
      the most intelligent and good people I've met have been from this
      group and from customers. I will most certainly miss my job however
      I feel that once one door closes another opens and look forward to
      my future endeavors as I progress up into another challenging career.

      You can see many of the items for sale in a recent file I posted on
      the group inside the Robo Direct Folder entitled RD PHOTOS.

      I will continue to support RoboMower as an owner and will remain in
      the group to chat but all future support after I leave (Jan) will be
      handled by other servicing dealers such as Probotics and Bamabots as
      well as other servicing centers. Any questions regarding service
      after I leave should be directed to Roy at STC/Friendly Robotics.
      His contact info is 1.888.404.7626 or _support@friendlyrobsupport@f_
      (mailto:support@...) .

      Thanks
      Tyler

    • Jon
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 9, 2006
        When one of a company's biggest promoters needs to throw in the towel,
        that should set off loud-as-hell alarm bells at that company:
        something is definitely wrong.

        FR is spiralling down in this country soley due to the terrible US
        distributor. This is an excellent product, but so was Sony's Betamax.
        Look what happened there.

        Until something occurs positively (like the distributor here declaring
        bankruptcy, and a new distributor with real marketing and customer
        support business sense gets the US franchise), I will be hard-pressed
        to recommend anyone buy this product. Don't get me wrong... I love my
        Robomower. But now, it's a much bigger gamble than ever. Unless
        someone buys it at Costco with their return policies, this expensive
        purchase is a huge risk. Once mine bites the big one, it's back to
        standard mowers for me under these conditions.

        FR USA is simply squandering all the press they've received.

        I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of these on Woot sooner rather
        than later when FR USA finally goes belly up.

        FR USA will probably soon realize --- too late --- how big of a spoke
        in their wheel Robo Direct was. And, how their apathetic customer
        care will kill their product.
      • A. R. Pennycuff
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 9, 2006
          Jon,

          I agree with everything you just said. Losing Tyler is the worst thing that has happened to FR. Luckily I bought my 1000 from Costco last summer so when it died after less than 2 months use I returned it to Costco for a full refund. STC offered me no relief other than return it (at my expense) for warranty repairs. After posting my frustrations in this group Tyler jumped in the picture and offered me warranty repairs and free shipping both ways. I still chose to return to Costco and the only way now that I will buy another one next Spring is if Costco is still selling them.

          Good Luck Tyler.

          A.R. Pennycuff

          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 9, 2006
            I first want to say Thank You to Tyler for all the help over the years.
            I bought my first RoboMowers 6 years ago. During that time Tyler was
            very helpful with giving me advise on how to diagnose problems so that
            the local repair service centers could fix the Robos. After many years
            of working with Tyler to keep my mowers running I decided to start my
            own Dealership here in Minnesota with a Service Department. Tyler has
            been a huge support in this process.

            Although Tyler has said he will stay online to help us, we will miss his
            services.

            Thank you Tyler.

            David Johnson
            Cindy Barsness
            The Robo Store Inc.
            www.therobostoreinc.com
          • markf123452001
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 11, 2006
              Wow! 29 new messages in the Robomer forum in December. That's gotta
              be a record!

              Tyler,
              I am so sorry to hear that you are closing. Your support has been
              exceptional! You are the reason my father bought a Robomower. He
              was so happy that he now has two!

              I don't know how Friendly is going to keep up after you depart this
              business. I can only hope they are planning to staff up to cover the
              customer service calls and questions from your customers. In my
              years of owning expensive tech gadgets, you are the ONLY business
              that I've known that has so cheerfully taken the numerous questions,
              both e-mail and phone, and given such helpful advice. You will be
              missed.

              Mark F.

              --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "Tyler" <tysamigo@...> wrote:

              > Hi all,
              >
              > After 6 years and hundreds & hundreds of new friends later, I
              regret
              > to say that Robo Direct will be closing. I am the only one left of
              > the staff and will remain here until about Jan to service any
              mowers
              > in or out of warranty. Anyone who wishes to send their mower for
              > service may still do so but please ensure arrangements are made
              > within 2 weeks. I still have a full stock of parts and
              > accessories.
              >
              > I am compiling an inventory list of all RoboMower parts and
              > accessories which will be on sale. I will also have a list of
              other
              > items for sale in which I will no longer need including office
              > materials such as computers, flat screen monitors, furniture,
              > conveyors, workbenches, shipping/packing materials, phone system,
              > printers, tools, etc. Please keep in mind that MOST items are less
              > than 2 years old while many are less than 1 year old including all
              > electronics and still have transferrable warranties. I hope to
              have
              > these lists posted on the group within a week.
              >
              > I must say I've certainly enjoyed working with all of you. Some of
              > the most intelligent and good people I've met have been from this
              > group and from customers. I will most certainly miss my job
              however
              > I feel that once one door closes another opens and look forward to
              > my future endeavors as I progress up into another challenging
              career.

              > You can see many of the items for sale in a recent file I posted on
              > the group inside the Robo Direct Folder entitled RD PHOTOS.
              >
              > I will continue to support RoboMower as an owner and will remain in
              > the group to chat but all future support after I leave (Jan) will
              be
              > handled by other servicing dealers such as Probotics and Bamabots
              as
              > well as other servicing centers. Any questions regarding service
              > after I leave should be directed to Roy at STC/Friendly Robotics.
              > His contact info is 1.888.404.7626 or support@...
              >
              > Thanks
              > Tyler

            • Dan Sloand