RE: [RoboMower] Re: Goodbye Tyler and may you have success

  • Edward Meredith
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 8, 2006
      I agree with all that has been said regarding Tyler and Robo-Direct. The fact is this is not just a sad day for all
      of the robomower owners in this group it is really a sad day for FR and their distributor here in the US. From this
      point on STC has some huge shoes to fill. I know of no one who is willing to take the time that Tyler has taken in
      order to satisfy his customer base so they are willing to go out and promote this product as they do. It is rare these
      days to find a person who understands the big picture that knows that providing great customer service not only
      yeilds a lifelong customer but encourages that customer, due to their great experience, to go out and promote a product
      based on the fact of their experience. That is how you promote and grow a product line. Big Box retailers cannot and
      will not provide such hands on expertise. Friendly Robotics has lost a real asset to their company and this product. I
      am not convinced that this loss can ever be recouped no matter how hard they try.

      EM

      ________________________________
> [...]
      > It does.
      > A lower cost mfg solution is required to expand unit sales.
      > The form factor and design is good, and RM is sooooo close to getting
      > the behaviors right (stuck-on-stupid)...........
      > it's a shame to see expertise and customer good will slip out of you
      > fingers.
      > When iRobot introduces their unit, they will eventually dominate the
      > market unless RM changes.
      > I hope Ty has sent iRobot his resume'.
      > They'll need someone with real-world experience with robotic mowers to
      > perfect their design.
      > WB
      > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com<mailto:RoboMower@yahoogroups.com>, stuarth44@... wrote:
      > >

      > > Very well put. I agree with everything you said. Tyler is an
      > asset to the
      > > RoboMower community. Robo Direct closing is bad news to RoboMower
      > users and
      > > to FR. FR has to learn that customer service is important or they
      > are doomed
      > > to failure. My dealings with them have been awful. My dealings
      > with Tyler
      > > have always been great.
      > >
      > > My guess is that IRobot will develop a robotic lawnmower and because
      > of
      > > their superior customer relation skills will trounce FR.
      > >
      > > Stuart
      > >
      > > In a message dated 12/8/2006 9:58:23 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
      > > loaddown@... writes:
      > >
      > > I have been drawing from Tyler's reservoir of knowledge, I believe,
      > > since he came on the scene. About 3 years ago my 500 started
      > > acting independently and I couldn't believe he would take the time to
      > > walk me through the settings on my wireless phone in the yard. Then
      > > when my local distributor gave up RoboMower, Tyler talked me into
      > > packing up my mower, on the last day of my warranty and shipping it,
      > > away from home, to be repaired. I thought this was farewell, hire a
      > > landscaper. But, on return, with a new mainboard, etc. I was satisfied
      > > that his service, not RoboMower.US, although at the time a bit time
      > > consuming, was feasible, in fact very efficient. He never said, we
      > > can't help you, even when giving free phone support out of warranty.
      > > It was like having a next door Robo-Nerd/Fiend. Thanks Tyler.
      > >
      > > Now we are left to the clutches of RoboMower.US with their foreign,
      > > sell them and forget them attitude. I gave up talking to them at the
      > > same time that Tyler filled the gap. Their technician was in the
      > > prevent responsibility mode about the same time that RoboMower Inc.
      > > and my local guy threw in the towel. I only hope someone in Texas and
      > > PA realize that diplomacy might be beneficial and get a forum where
      > > the "company", not an individual dealership, can support the
      > > enthusiastic owners of their machines with. If RoboMower.US ever
      > > develops a report with the owners, they will gain free advertising,
      > > which is now sorely needed. That is my humble, idealistic opinion.

      Search from any Web page with powerful protection. Get the FREE Windows Live Toolbar Today!
      http://get.live.com/toolbar/overview
    • tysamigo@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 8, 2006
        WB,

        Thanks man. When I get things straight, as it's very hectic right now, I
        will think of my next move. I have my eye set on a few opportunities. A few
        here on the group have even offered employment possibilities which is very
        nice while many others have suggested iRobot and is something I'm considering.
        I have a lot to look at and it's almost overwhelming for me as I'm still
        getting over closing the business.

        For now however there are a lot of RM owners in and out of this group who
        still need some help and that is my main priority. That comes first. After
        that, who knows. ;)

        One thing is for sure I will remain a member of the group and keep my word
        by staying in touch. I'll be in touch soon.

        Tyler