Re: [RoboMower] Re: New way of dividing zones - Has anyone tried it?

  • Clint D
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2006
      Interesting observations... I may play around with it myself to see what the results are. Right now it sounds too good to be true.

      bob_ym_97345 <bob_ym_97345@...> wrote: > Has anyone tried using triangular dividers between
      > zones?

      I setup a test area a week ago for this type of small triangular island string divider.
      The area was about 25 by 30 feet with a divider between the 30 foot sides.
      The divider was made up of 10cm equilateral triangles 70cm apart.
      The perimeter tracking had no problem with the divider.

      When mowing the area There were three different results.
      1. If it happened to be close to the middle of the 70cm space, the mower went right
      through.
      2. If the 10cm triangle happpened to be centered between the sensors, the mower stopped
      on top of the triangle, thought for a while and continued on over it.
      3. All other cases the mower bounced off the divider.

      Based on these results, I did not make any aditional measurements on missing spots,
      bounce problems based on sensor distance from triangles, or the anle of the mower to
      divider contact and result.

      From my test, this divider did not work. I do think that this type of divider can work, but
      the parameters of island size and spacing need to be adjusted. I have not, as of yet tried
      other configurations for this type of divider.