Robomwer website down?

  • cody2milton
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 13, 2006
      I was looking around with lawnbott's website and Robomower's. Robo
      seems down. Can anyone pull it up today?
    • Bob and Barbara
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 13, 2006
        I pulled it up today with no problem.. I did www.robomower.com or
        www.friendlyrobotics.com

        Might be because you left the "o" out of mower?

        Bob

        --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "cody2milton" <cody2milton@...>

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 16, 2006
          Hi Bob,
          It wasn't because of the lazy finger typing, I couldn't pull it up
          for a little while. After @15 minutes, I was able to pull it up
          again. Hmm, computers........

          --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "Bob and Barbara"
          <eventtravelers@...> wrote:

          > I pulled it up today with no problem.. I did www.robomower.com or
          > www.friendlyrobotics.com
          >
          > Might be because you left the "o" out of mower?
          >
          > Bob
          >

          > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "cody2milton" <cody2milton@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > I was looking around with lawnbott's website and Robomower's.
          Robo
          > > seems down. Can anyone pull it up today?

        • Clint D
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 23, 2006
            Has anyone tried using triangular dividers between
            zones? It is said that it'll solve some issues
            included uncut patches and mower not returning to the
            docking station.

            I'd like to know if anyone has experiemented with this
            method seen here:
            http://forums.robomower.biz/viewtopic.php?t=696
          • bob_ym_97345
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 31, 2006
              > Has anyone tried using triangular dividers between
              > zones?

              I setup a test area a week ago for this type of small triangular island string divider.
              The area was about 25 by 30 feet with a divider between the 30 foot sides.
              The divider was made up of 10cm equilateral triangles 70cm apart.
              The perimeter tracking had no problem with the divider.

              When mowing the area There were three different results.
              1. If it happened to be close to the middle of the 70cm space, the mower went right
              through.
              2. If the 10cm triangle happpened to be centered between the sensors, the mower stopped
              on top of the triangle, thought for a while and continued on over it.
              3. All other cases the mower bounced off the divider.

              Based on these results, I did not make any aditional measurements on missing spots,
              bounce problems based on sensor distance from triangles, or the anle of the mower to
              divider contact and result.

              From my test, this divider did not work. I do think that this type of divider can work, but
              the parameters of island size and spacing need to be adjusted. I have not, as of yet tried
              other configurations for this type of divider.
            • Clint D
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 31, 2006
                Interesting observations... I may play around with it myself to see what the results are. Right now it sounds too good to be true.

                bob_ym_97345 <bob_ym_97345@...> wrote: > Has anyone tried using triangular dividers between
                > zones?

                I setup a test area a week ago for this type of small triangular island string divider.
                The area was about 25 by 30 feet with a divider between the 30 foot sides.
                The divider was made up of 10cm equilateral triangles 70cm apart.
                The perimeter tracking had no problem with the divider.

                When mowing the area There were three different results.
                1. If it happened to be close to the middle of the 70cm space, the mower went right
                through.
                2. If the 10cm triangle happpened to be centered between the sensors, the mower stopped
                on top of the triangle, thought for a while and continued on over it.
                3. All other cases the mower bounced off the divider.

                Based on these results, I did not make any aditional measurements on missing spots,
                bounce problems based on sensor distance from triangles, or the anle of the mower to
                divider contact and result.

                From my test, this divider did not work. I do think that this type of divider can work, but