Re: Question for each of you....

  • please_try_another_name
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2003
      I paid $629 delivered to the door. Haven't bought any accessories...
      I agree with Iggy & others that in most cases you don't need them. I
      do have one comment on the fast charger.... there shouldn't be a fast
      charger. The only reason the standard charger takes 24 hours to
      recharge is that the spindly little wire going to the RM can only
      take milliamps of current.... thus the time. Why not put a healthy
      connector on the side of the RM that a beefy charger could plug into?
      because they can sell you a rapid charger. If anyone has another
      reason, please enlighten me.
      Harley Davidson has three basic divisions.... the motorcycle
      division, the parts division, & the clothing & crap division. (Crap
      being coffee mugs, bar stools, whatever.) The clothing & crap
      division makes more money than the other two combined. I suspect the
      accessory sales at Friendly Robotics are a BIG part of the bottom
      line.
      John

      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "kcobra07" <kcobra07@y...> wrote:
      > How old is your Robomower?
      >
      > How much did you give...(if you don't mind telling) for it? Total,
      > tax tag and title. include any extras
      >
      > Robomower:699.95
      > Extra Battery:139.95
      > Fast Charger:222.95
      > Total:Cha-ching 1062.95
      >
      > If you had it to do all over, would you buy again?
      >
      > Do you get good customer service?
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Kcobra07
    • kcobra07
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 5, 2003
        Thanks.... that's a good tip and I agree, why NOT put a good charger
        on the thing? I don't think it's the money, I think it's the
        MONEY. :-)

        So, with all you (Tim the tool man) members, (Let's hear a good
        hardy grunt....ARRRHH!! ARRRHHH!!! ARRRRHH!!!) tearing into your
        robomowers, making them better, faster, stronger. Is there a way to
        make your own beefy charger? I mean one guy on the site took his
        battery apart. Can you just hook up a car battery charger to that
        thing and make your own fast charger? Would that damage the
        battery...(I don't see why it would). This group is really starting
        to get some potential going with all these topics.

        I've already seen where I can save some money buying the wire from
        the hardware store and I've gotten some good tips on buying the
        stuff on e-bay. Thanks for the tips guys.

        --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "please_try_another_name"
        <diypscm@s...> wrote:
        > I paid $629 delivered to the door. Haven't bought any
        accessories...
        > I agree with Iggy & others that in most cases you don't need them.
        > do have one comment on the fast charger.... there shouldn't be a
        fast
        > charger. The only reason the standard charger takes 24 hours to
        > recharge is that the spindly little wire going to the RM can only
        > take milliamps of current.... thus the time. Why not put a healthy
        > connector on the side of the RM that a beefy charger could plug
        into?
        > because they can sell you a rapid charger. If anyone has another
        > reason, please enlighten me.
        > Harley Davidson has three basic divisions.... the motorcycle
        > division, the parts division, & the clothing & crap division.
        (Crap
        > being coffee mugs, bar stools, whatever.) The clothing & crap
        > division makes more money than the other two combined. I suspect
        the
        > accessory sales at Friendly Robotics are a BIG part of the bottom
        > line.
        > John
        >
        > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "kcobra07" <kcobra07@y...> wrote:
        > > How old is your Robomower?
        > >
        > > How much did you give...(if you don't mind telling) for it?
        Total,
        > > tax tag and title. include any extras
        > >
        > > Robomower:699.95
        > > Extra Battery:139.95
        > > Fast Charger:222.95
        > > Total:Cha-ching 1062.95
        > >
        > > If you had it to do all over, would you buy again?
        > >
        > > Do you get good customer service?
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > >
        > > Kcobra07
      • Marty Hall
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 5, 2003
          I'd suggest NOT using the run of the mill auto battery charger.... their too dumb. What I would suggest comes from the Radio Control people although there are others like them out in the world.

          These chargers are called "Peak Chargers" and the sense the charge state. When the battery voltage "peaks", then go to a trickle charger mode and I suspect that's what the Robo charger does. One to take a look at the hitech CG-335 on the Tower Hobbies web site. This thing will charger the battery, slow or fast, and can be used for most any thing else from 1 VDC to about 35 VDC and sells for about $30.00 less than the RoboMower external charger.

          Marty

          <diypscm@s...> wrote:
          > I paid $629 delivered to the door. Haven't bought any
          accessories...
          > I agree with Iggy & others that in most cases you don't need them.
          > do have one comment on the fast charger.... there shouldn't be a
          fast
          > charger. The only reason the standard charger takes 24 hours to
          > recharge is that the spindly little wire going to the RM can only
          > take milliamps of current.... thus the time. Why not put a healthy
          > connector on the side of the RM that a beefy charger could plug
          into?
          > because they can sell you a rapid charger. If anyone has another
          > reason, please enlighten me.
          >  Harley Davidson has three basic divisions.... the motorcycle
          > division, the parts division, & the clothing & crap division.
          (Crap
          > being coffee mugs, bar stools, whatever.) The clothing & crap
          > division makes more money than the other two combined. I suspect
          the
          > accessory sales at Friendly Robotics are a BIG part of the bottom
          > line.
          >           John
          >
          > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "kcobra07" <kcobra07@y...> wrote:
          > > How old is your Robomower?
          > >
          > > How much did you give...(if you don't mind telling) for it?
          Total,
          > > tax tag and title.  include any extras
          > >
          > > Robomower:699.95
          > > Extra Battery:139.95
          > > Fast Charger:222.95
          > > Total:Cha-ching 1062.95
          > >
          > > If you had it to do all over, would you buy again?
          > >
          > > Do you get good customer service?
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > >
          > > Kcobra07

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor