YES!!! It works!!!

  • sammys3.geo
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2003
      Robowmower Brand new in box...$280 (ebay)
      Shipping...$60
      Extra wire and pegs...$45
      Seeing your dad happy and healthy while mowing his lawn...priceless

      This machine is unbelievable!!! After Isabel left the area and we
      cleaned up the debris, we layed the wire for the front yard. Dad was
      quite impressed! We had traffic jams in the street where people just
      had to stop and ask questions. Dad hooked his flag from his car
      window onto the battery pack handle. The local TV news station told
      him that they will be coming back for an interview. Since then, we
      have set up the side yard and the back yard. We bought 200 extra
      pegs on amazon.com (they are used but hey they were half the price
      and work.) We also got the 14 gage single strand wire from Lowes...I
      liked it better than what comes with the mower. Seems a lot
      stronger. Well, my dad is mowing (strain free) all the time
      now...the back yard does not seem to get mowed as much as the
      front...lol...thank you Friendly Robotics and Ebay!!!

      Sammy
    • kcobra07
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2003
        We also got the 14 gage single strand wire from Lowes...I
        liked it better than what comes with the mower.

        As Johnny Carson would say, "I did not know that". I did not know
        that you could use regular 14 guage wire for the connection. For
        some reason I thought it would have to be a special wire. I
        understand that you get about 500 feet with the robomower, don't you?

        --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "sammys3.geo" <sammys3@c...> wrote:
        > Robowmower Brand new in box...$280 (ebay)
        > Shipping...$60
        > Extra wire and pegs...$45
        > Seeing your dad happy and healthy while mowing his lawn...priceless
        >
        > This machine is unbelievable!!! After Isabel left the area and we
        > cleaned up the debris, we layed the wire for the front yard. Dad
        was
        > quite impressed! We had traffic jams in the street where people
        just
        > had to stop and ask questions. Dad hooked his flag from his car
        > window onto the battery pack handle. The local TV news station
        told
        > him that they will be coming back for an interview. Since then,
        we
        > have set up the side yard and the back yard. We bought 200 extra
        > pegs on amazon.com (they are used but hey they were half the price
        > and work.) We also got the 14 gage single strand wire from
        Lowes...I
        > liked it better than what comes with the mower. Seems a lot
        > stronger. Well, my dad is mowing (strain free) all the time
        > now...the back yard does not seem to get mowed as much as the
        > front...lol...thank you Friendly Robotics and Ebay!!!
        >
        > Sammy
      • SONJA FIEDLER
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2003
          why yes you can use it...and it is much more durable...you
          can get a 500ft spool of green 14gage single strand wire
          for about $10 from Lowes. The insulation seems to be
          stronger also...i noticed that the pegs can easily expose
          the wire on friendly Robotic's wire but not in the
          industrial grade wire. It is in place now and working
          wonderfully! Good luck!

          Sammy