Anyone familiar with transmitter problems?

  • maeleoin2002
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 8, 2006
      Mine tests ok for the basic signal but will not continue to beep.
      Rlacement on order but would like to fix this one if anyone has an
      idea.
    • Austin Morgan
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 9, 2006
        I am afraid that your description makes no sense. The switch should not
        beep unless there is a break in the wire. Also how did you test for the
        "basic signal"?

        Austin Morgan

        maeleoin2002 wrote:
        > Mine tests ok for the basic signal but will not continue to beep.
        > Rlacement on order but would like to fix this one if anyone has an
        > idea.

      • IGGY & Svetlana
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 9, 2006
          I have seen the regular switch beep when the batteries are weak, and when
          there is corrosion in the splice (basically disconnected perimeter wire).

          Sincerely,

          IGGY

          _____

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 9, 2006
            Sorry if my description was misleading. I am not referring to the
            beeping when the wire breaks. I am referring to the flashing light
            you get when you push the button to turn on the signal. It flashes
            briefly and stops.

            --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Austin Morgan <admorgan@...> wrote:

            > I am afraid that your description makes no sense. The switch
            should not
            > beep unless there is a break in the wire. Also how did you test
            for the
            > "basic signal"?
            >
            > Austin Morgan
            >
            > maeleoin2002 wrote:
            > > Mine tests ok for the basic signal but will not continue to
            beep.
            > > Rlacement on order but would like to fix this one if anyone has
            an
            > > idea.

          • Austin Morgan
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 10, 2006
              I have had that happen, it was caused by extreamly low batteries. Have you
              tried that?

              Austin
              maeleoin2002 (maeleoin2002@...) wrote:

              > Sorry if my description was misleading. I am not referring to the
              > beeping when the wire breaks. I am referring to the flashing light
              > you get when you push the button to turn on the signal. It flashes
              > briefly and stops.
              >

              > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Austin Morgan <admorgan@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > I am afraid that your description makes no sense. The switch
              > should not
              > > beep unless there is a break in the wire. Also how did you test
              > for the
              > > "basic signal"?
              > >
              > > Austin Morgan
              > >
              > > maeleoin2002 wrote:
              > > > Mine tests ok for the basic signal but will not continue to
              > beep.
              > > > Rlacement on order but would like to fix this one if anyone has
              > an
              > > > idea.

            • maeleoin2002
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 10, 2006
                Sorry, did not work. Tried several batteries and tested the
                batteries to be sure.

                In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "Austin Morgan" <admorgan@...> wrote:

                > I have had that happen, it was caused by extreamly low batteries.
                Have you
                > tried that?
                >
                > Austin
                > maeleoin2002 (maeleoin2002@...) wrote:
                > >
                > > Sorry if my description was misleading. I am not referring to the
                > > beeping when the wire breaks. I am referring to the flashing
                light
                > > you get when you push the button to turn on the signal. It
                flashes
                > > briefly and stops.
                > >

                > > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Austin Morgan <admorgan@>
                wrote:

                > > > I am afraid that your description makes no sense. The switch
                > > should not
                > > > beep unless there is a break in the wire. Also how did you
                test
                > > for the
                > > > "basic signal"?
                > > >
                > > > Austin Morgan

                > > beep.
                > > an

              • Austin Morgan
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 11, 2006
                  I had some water get into my unit once, taking it apart and drying it out very
                  well it started working again. This occurred because it got knocked over and
                  rain was able to get into the slit in the bottom.

                  Austin Morgan

                  maeleoin2002 (maeleoin2002@...) wrote:

                  > Sorry, did not work. Tried several batteries and tested the
                  > batteries to be sure.
                  >

                  > In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "Austin Morgan" <admorgan@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > I have had that happen, it was caused by extreamly low batteries.
                  > Have you
                  > > tried that?
                  > >
                  > > Austin
                  > > maeleoin2002 (maeleoin2002@...) wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Sorry if my description was misleading. I am not referring to the
                  > > > beeping when the wire breaks. I am referring to the flashing
                  > light
                  > > > you get when you push the button to turn on the signal. It
                  > flashes
                  > > > briefly and stops.
                  > > >

                  > > > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, Austin Morgan <admorgan@>

                  > > > should not
                  > test
                  > > > for the

                  > > > beep.
                  > has
                  > > > an

                • maeleoin2002
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 11, 2006
                    You may have it. I opened the unit, unfastened the circuit board
                    and found water in the space behind the board. Have dried it and
                    will try it tomorrow, weather permitting. Thank you very much.

                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 13, 2006
                      Austin,

                      I believe you've got it.

                      I had noticed a tiny drop of water behind the clear plastic of where the
                      lights shine through. Last night I opened up the dock and removed the
                      circuit board. There was *at least* a tablespoon of water trapped between
                      the circuit board and the panel.

                      I emptied it out, wiped it dry, and set it inside on the workbench to dry
                      for the day. The water was crystal clear (which is a clue).

                      There is no way water leaked into there. All that water had to come from
                      condensation, which is why it was so clear. The ground is damp and with the
                      sun/cool heat cycles it's not uncommon for semi-closed areas to accumulate
                      water as they breathe humid air in during a cooling cycle. They need a
                      *very* tiny hole drilled on the bottom of the enclosed area so that the
                      water can get back out as it heats up. The hole has to be too small for
                      bugs though!

                      I don't think I'm going to drill the hole now, but I may put a vapor barrier
                      under the dock to reduce the moisture behind the panel. If that doesn't
                      work I'll see if I can find a bit small enough for a proper hole.

                      Dan

                    • patheticforums
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 16, 2006
                        --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "maeleoin2002" <maeleoin2002@...> wrote:

                        > Mine tests ok for the basic signal but will not continue to beep.
                        > Rlacement on order but would like to fix this one if anyone has an
                        > idea.

                        A few traces corroded on mine and I started getting broken wire, no
                        signal, and start elswhere errors. I cleaned the board up and soldered
                        in some jumper wires and clearcoated the board and it's been fine since.