Anyone with Low Cut Blades?

  • Clint D
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2003
      I sent the suggestion in to FR about Fall blades. They
      recommened me using their Low Cut Blades for leaves.
      They said it should chop leaves better. Does anyone
      here have any experience with those blades?

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • John Stoner
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 3, 2003

        I have a set but have never tried to chop leaves with them. The blades are bent down at the ends at a ~45 degree angle, the center of the blade is the same height as a regular blade. I guess they would do a better job of reaching down and grabbing leaves. For $50 you would be better off investing in a leaf blower or a large rake.

        John
        www.johnsarcade.com

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 3, 2003
          Yea, I think i'm just gonna get my old push mower back
          from my family member and use it to suck up the
          leaves. I'll eventually get a blower. I decided not to
          use it as a leaf mulcher unless they can guarantee my
          $50 will do what I expect. :-)

          --- John Stoner <stoner_john@...> wrote:

          ---------------------------------

          I have a set but have never tried to chop leaves with
          them. The blades are bent down at the ends at a ~45
          degree angle, the center of the blade is the same
          height as a regular blade. I guess they would do a
          better job of reaching down and grabbing leaves. For
          $50 you would be better off investing in a leaf blower
          or a large rake.

          John
          www.johnsarcade.com

          I sent the suggestion in to FR about Fall blades. They

          recommened me using their Low Cut Blades for leaves.
          They said it should chop leaves better. Does anyone
          here have any experience with those blades?

          http://shopping.yahoo.com

          Terms of Service.

          http://shopping.yahoo.com
        • terry_veldhuizen
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 3, 2003
            That's probably a good decision. Depending on the volume and wetness
            of the leaves, you could add a season's worth of wear and tear onto
            the Robomower in one session.

            Terry