Mower does not return to the dock properly

  • dgdahlstrom
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2006
      I've been waiting to post this since I thought this problem was in my
      setup, but I've now checked everything I know to check. And now that
      I'm trying to fully automate my mowing, this has become something of a
      roadblock.

      If I aim my 2006 model RL1000 at any perimeter wire and manually tell
      it to go to dock, it obeys and gets there pretty much 100% of the
      time. However, when it completes a mowing session and goes into
      searching for dock mode, it wanders around and virtually never locks
      onto the perimeter wire. At first I thought I wasn't giving it enough
      time, but after some 20 to 30 minutes the mower starts becoming
      sluggish due to it's low battery making it necessary to drive it
      manually back to the dock.

      I was told that the mower is looking for an inside corner (to ensure
      it wasn't circling an island) and it was suggested to me that I should
      go into the service menu and turn off islands. I wasn't crazy about
      this solution since I do have islands, but after doing this, the mower
      continues to exhibit the same problem. It never seems to be able to
      find its way home.

      Does anyone have any suggestions?

      Dave