Re: [RoboMower] E-Mail from Friendly Robotics - RoboMower discussion group

  • tysamigo@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , May 31, 2006
      Now you understand why I do what I do and without compensation. I think we
      will get there and this group is a great start. We will get there.

      Ty

      In a message dated 5/31/2006 11:56:14 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      ourcontact.newsgroups@... writes:

      Great email, and very interesting information, what would it take for him to
      post responses like that directly every now and then?

      I would love to see FR host a real forum like tivocommunity.com,
      representatives and distributors around the world, Dedy, and others could
      post official responses, news, etc.

      They could even use the forum for market research with questions to gage
      customer opinion on issues.

    • wild_bill_howell
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
        Thank you Dedy for bringing the list up to speed with the new
        developments.
        Some of your company's most passionate users and supporters are on
        this list and there is a reason we're called "enthusiasts".
        Now we may feel we're "in the loop" and not lonely voices in the
        wilderness. (Mostly beating up on Ty) ; )
        Iggy, thanks for encouraging the factory to participate and
        communicate directly with the list.........
        This is good.

        WB

        --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "IGGY & Svetlana"
        <iggyandsvetlana@...> wrote:

        > I got this e-mail from Friendly Robotics of Israel. Enjoy!

        > From: dedy gur [mailto:dedy@...]
        >
        > Dear Iggy,
        >
        > My name is Dedy Gur and I'm responsible for the Quality Assurance and
        > Customer Support in Friendly Robotics.
        >
        > I'm addressed on all the emails sent in the Yahoo group and use the
        > information received there to improve our products by listening to the
        > problems raised in the group and by adding new features from the
        good ideas
        > raised in the group.
        >
        > There are many emails, especially during weekends, so not always I
        have the
        > time to go through it, but at least I keep them and go through them
        later.

        > Friendly Robotics places a lot of efforts to receive a feedback from the
        > market about the products and the customers needs; this includes
        visiting
        > our distributors and dealers in the different markets few times a year;
        > asking distributors to send us any information and suggestions from
        their
        > market; receiving faulty parts from the market for analysis in
        Israel and
        > many other activities, such as hours of reading the Yahoo group emails.
        >
        > We aware to the importance of continuance improvement of our
        products and
        > the best source we can rely on, is the feedback from our current
        customers.

        > Regarding to the points in your email:
        >
        > 1. S.W version '06 comparing to '05:
        > I'll go through the main changes only:
        > - Many changes have been done between '05 to '06 version, but I
        would like
        > to start with the Safety:
        > The safety is always in our top priority list and many efforts placed to
        > improve the safety of the product. We aware to the number of injuries
        > reported in the US market (nearly 80,000 Americans require hospital
        > treatment for injuries caused by lawn mower each year) - with our
        product
        > (few dozens of thousands) there is even no one injury and we will do
        > everything to keep it like that - it means more safety features to
        come in
        > the future.
        > - With '06 version it is NECESSARY to perform 'Drop-off' test for
        the Front
        > Wheel after every service is done - the mower will not let starting the
        > operation ('Lift mower front for testing' message is displayed)
        until the
> [...]
        standard
        > walk behind mower,
        > so there shouldn't be cases of over current in the mowing.
        > Anyway, this parameter can be set under the 'Service>settings>Mow over
        > current' menu, the default
        > is 10 seconds, but can be changed to 15 seconds (if required) - it
        will give
        > the mower more time to
        > try crossing the area with high grass, before it decides to change
        > direction.
        > - Weekly program and multi plots support - there is an option to set
        > specific work time and entry point
        > per programmed day.
        > - Reducing the time to search the Charging Station.
        > - Many more improvements, but I'll save our time, as this email is very
        > long...
        >
        > Generally, my attitude is not to jump to fast to conclusions. The
        same as we
        > take every complaint seriously
        > and check it in our test area before taking any conclusion and/or
        action, I
        > suggest to wait with the conclusions
        > about the '06 version as many times it may happen in specific lawn or
        > specific mower with a problem and it is not
        > an epidemic failure.
        > Every complaint from the US market is sent by Tyler or STC and
        received our
        > fully attention and respond.
        > Every failure or S.W bug that will be confirmed by us will be fixed
        for the
        > next season.
        >
        > 2. Battery life - First of all, I think it is too early to speak about
        > battery lifetime with RL1000 '06.
        > Friendly Robotics has found that Yuasa batteries do no meet their
        > specification and thus have decided
        > to replace it with 3 other manufacturers: Full River, B.B. and MK -
        these
        > batteries were tested by Friendly
        > Robotics and found significantly better then the Yuasa. For more details
        > about the recommended batteries
        > you can call STC or Tyler in the US.
        >
        > 3. Other improvements - Except to the S.W improvements, many other
        > improvement were done in the
        > product, especially in the Gear. I appreciate the work of the group and
        > expect to get more ideas for better
        > product in the future.
        >
        > 4. Communication with Friendly Robotics - I wish I can get emails
        directly
        > from customers, but I do not
        > have the time to reply in a reasonable time that customers expect
        to. Thus
        > why Friendly Robotics have
        > skilled Distributor in each of the markets. If the distributor needs our
        > help in replying to customers we'll
        > be glad to help him.
        > I'll continue to read the emails of the group, but any suggestion,
        question,
        > request and etc. you and the
        > group have, please send it to STC and Tyler and I'm sure they will

      • dgdahlstrom
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
          This kind of support is genuinely appreciated. It is true that many
          times guesses about certain behavior get spun as bugs or over
          inflated, when there is a good, rational reason for it. It's nice to
          see a manufacturer respond like this, and boosts my confidence in the
          product and its future.

          Dave

          <iggyandsvetlana@...> wrote:

          > I got this e-mail from Friendly Robotics of Israel. Enjoy!

        • markfromminnesota
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 1, 2006
            I just want to thank Mr. Gur for reaching out to us.

            But most of all, I am writing here to let him know that though there has been a lot of
            negativity, knit-picking and slamming of RoboMowers here by others, the majority of us
            are actually very impressed with our mowers and can't imagine ever going back to the
            crappy task of pushing an old gassy manual mower.

            I just bought a 2006 RL1000 from Tyler about a month or so ago and I couldn't be happier
            with it. What a remarkable product. Thanks go out to you and all your colleagues for your
            hard and creative work.

            And thank you for continuing to listen to us, we are happy to share our positive
            experiences as well as challenges, now that we know you are listening.

            Sincerely,
            ~Markito