931Re: [RoboMower] Re: Weird Behavior

  • Clint D
    Sep 4, 2003
      Now that's some weird behavior!!! Mine was very close to the A/C unit when I started it, but I always start it from that spot. I'm thinking the A/C must have kicked on or off and confused it.

      tony_e_nc <tony_e_nc@...> wrote:
      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "clintd555" <clintd555@y...> wrote:
      > The other day I started the mower and went back in the house. I
      > was peaking out the window waiting to see it edging. Well it
      > never happened....so I went back outside to check only to find it a
      > few feet from where I left it. It found the wire and proceeded to
      > turn on it, then stopped. The light continued flashing as normal
      > and the display read 'Edge' as if it was still mowing but it wasnt!
      > No motors were turning and there was no sound and no errors!
      > Totally weird! I stopped it and started up elsewhere and it worked
      > fine. I just thought that was very strange.

      Every once in a while, my robo gets goofy as well.  A few weeks back,
      while on Edge mode, it went about 1/2 way around the perimeter, then
      did a 180, and started edging clockwise.  It went down an incline
      that it normally travels up, and gave the a "start elsewhere" error.

      Another time, I started edge mode and it went about 5 feet and
      stopped with a "restart elsewhere".  This repeated 4 times at various
      points in the zone.  I skipped edge mode, let it mow, and then went
      back and had it edge.  It did so with no problems.  I have
      succesfully edged that zone 3 or 4 times since then.

      I have no idea what caused any of this, but it has never prevented me
      from getting that well manacured lawn look, and is occasionally quite
      entertaining.  :-)

      - Tony

      Do you Yahoo!?