930Re: Weird Behavior

  • tony_e_nc
    Sep 4, 2003
      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "clintd555" <clintd555@y...> wrote:
      > The other day I started the mower and went back in the house. I
      > was peaking out the window waiting to see it edging. Well it
      > never happened....so I went back outside to check only to find it a
      > few feet from where I left it. It found the wire and proceeded to
      > turn on it, then stopped. The light continued flashing as normal
      > and the display read 'Edge' as if it was still mowing but it wasnt!
      > No motors were turning and there was no sound and no errors!
      > Totally weird! I stopped it and started up elsewhere and it worked
      > fine. I just thought that was very strange.

      Every once in a while, my robo gets goofy as well. A few weeks back,
      while on Edge mode, it went about 1/2 way around the perimeter, then
      did a 180, and started edging clockwise. It went down an incline
      that it normally travels up, and gave the a "start elsewhere" error.

      Another time, I started edge mode and it went about 5 feet and
      stopped with a "restart elsewhere". This repeated 4 times at various
      points in the zone. I skipped edge mode, let it mow, and then went
      back and had it edge. It did so with no problems. I have
      succesfully edged that zone 3 or 4 times since then.

      I have no idea what caused any of this, but it has never prevented me
      from getting that well manacured lawn look, and is occasionally quite
      entertaining. :-)

      - Tony
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic