      From: thin_men
      To: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 10:14 PM
      Subject: [RoboMower] Perimeter Switch Craziness!

      Hey Everyone,

      I had posted a few weeks ago about my RL550 not edging completely - this problem
      seems to have gone away inexplicably. However, now I have a new issue: my perimeter
      switch "battery low" light is glowing steadily, even with new batteries. Here's the kicker: it
      happens even when the switch is turned OFF and is DISCONNECTED from the perimeter
      wires! When I hook it up to the perimeter wires, it sounds its alert tone. I tried testing it
      by connecting the two terminals with a short piece of wire, and it still happened. Needless
      to say, the mower cannot detect a wire signal, and refuses to mow. Like my other
      problem, this happened without cause, and is driving me crazy! Any suggestions?

      Ernie

      Lawn mower Robotic mower