7372Re: Perimeter Switch Craziness!

  • markf123452001
    Jul 1, 2005
      Remember to take the unit apart, unscrew the battery tray and then
      the circuit board, and remove the circuit board.

      I recently did that following recommendations in another thread. I
      found about a teaspoon of water under the circuit board that was kept
      from view (and from drying) by the rubber seal.

      After two days of the board sitting in front of a fan, it now works
      perfectly.

      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "wild_bill_howell"
      <ALLAMERICANARC@p...> wrote:
      > LOL
      > He sure is snake-bit, isn't he?
      >
      > First check for condensation inside the unit.
      > If dry & still malfuncts....
      > get a replacement.
      >
      > WB
      >
      > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "terry_veldhuizen"
      > <terry_veldhuizen@y...> wrote:
      > > Your house is not by chance on an Indian burial ground?
      > >
      > > Terry
      > >
      > > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "thin_men" <thin_men@y...>
      wrote:
      > > > Hey Everyone,
      > > >
      > > > I had posted a few weeks ago about my RL550 not edging
      > completely -
      > > this problem
      > > > seems to have gone away inexplicably. However, now I have a
      new
      > > issue: my perimeter
      > > > switch "battery low" light is glowing steadily, even with new
      > > batteries. Here's the kicker: it
      > > > happens even when the switch is turned OFF and is DISCONNECTED
      > > from the perimeter
      > > > wires! When I hook it up to the perimeter wires, it sounds its
      > > alert tone. I tried testing it
      > > > by connecting the two terminals with a short piece of wire, and
      > it
      > > still happened. Needless
      > > > to say, the mower cannot detect a wire signal, and refuses to
      > > mow. Like my other
      > > > problem, this happened without cause, and is driving me crazy!
      > > Any suggestions?
      > > >
      > > > Ernie
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic