      From: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com
      To: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2014 10:25:57 -0700
      Subject: [RoboMower] Re: RL 800 "Keep on getting "Start Elsewhere" message

      Tim,

      I have two zones and the problem occurs with both zones. I didn't think to  check the connections on the perimeter switch, I will do that.

      I don't have a DMM. I don't know what that is. I would be willing to buy one if not too expensive. What is a DMM?

      Thanks,

      Bob

      ---In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, <wolff.timothy@...> wrote :

      Do you have another mowing zone? Does everything work there?

      You are probably going to find this is a problem with the perimeter switch or perimeter wire. So, start with the easy stuff.
      Put NEW batteries in the perimeter switch and ensure the connections to the perimeter wire are clean and tight. (Suggesting this first as it is easy to do).

      Do you have a DMM to test the resistance in the perimeter wire loop? It should be fairly low. My longest loop measures only 3.5 ohms. The reading should be low and SOLID. If the value fluctuates, it means you have problem with the wire.

      Troubleshooting the perimeter wire is a pain. So make sure it it really the problem before you have to start digging things up and cutting.

      You can setup a test zone with 20-30 ft of cheap hookup wire from the hardware/home improvement store. Type and gauge does not matter. If your test zone works, then you probably have a wiring issue.

      There is a extensive discussion or two on dealing with bad perimeter wire in the message archive on the group page.

      Tim Wolff

      From: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com
      To: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 14:03:14 -0700
      Subject: [RoboMower] RL 800 "Keep on getting "Start Elsewhere" message

      I have an RL800. Recently my mower is stopping a lot. The message says "Start Elsewhere" Today it was stopping every 5 minutes.

      I have 2 batteries and 2 cases, it happens with both batteries. I checked the wires in the battery cases they seem fine. The batteries in the perimeter switch are fine also. Any help would be appreciated.

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic