    Jul 17, 2014
      If it's like the RL 1000, the top has to come off.   The yellow cord then plugs into a small card, much like a PCI computer card would plug into a mobo on a computer.   I'd have to go back out and look, but I think this runs the warning light on top too.

      However, I think you're going to see any wear on the wire outside the main body of the unit since the wire inside doesn't need to move.  I use an external charger and to access the charging port, raised the cradle everytime I mowed.  If I recall, it was on the bottom of the wire inside where the cradle fits.   When closed, it made contact.  I suppose that it could have come unplugged somehow on the card inside the unit but I feel this is very unlikely.

      On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 1:07 PM, 'khawn@...' khawn@... [RoboMower] <RoboMower@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      One end of the yellow cord goes into the body of the mower. I don't have a clue how to get to it.

      Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

      From: R T southbound03@... [RoboMower] <RoboMower@yahoogroups.com>;
      To: <RoboMower@yahoogroups.com>;
      Subject: Re: [RoboMower] Batteries not charging
      Sent: Thu, Jul 17, 2014 4:45:01 PM

      The yellow cable in the cradle is the first place to look as it flexes back and forth everytime that controller is removed or the charger is attached to the port it's on.

      Check the connection of the controller for corrosion.   I've had the same problem with the RL1000.   The controller board that the controller hooks into really isn't that expensive.  I think 16 bucks when I bought it.

      While the controller looks like it has an RJ11 phone jack, it doesn't.   It's an odd sized plug that is now obsolete.  From the female plug, I determined this.  I'm now in the process of replacing the jack and don't know yet if the standard telephone crimper will work on it.  But, the next logical step is to look for and remove any corrosion on the plug and jack.

      On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 12:09 PM, 'Ken H.' khawn@... [RoboMower] <RoboMower@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      I checked the yellow cord.  I couldn't see any damage done to it.  During the process of checking it, I noticed that the display screen is completely blank (and the charger is still hooked up).  It is not responding to any control buttons.

      Ken

      On Thursday, July 17, 2014 10:21 AM, "Tim Wolff wolff.timothy@... [RoboMower]" <RoboMower@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Check the (yellow?) cable that runs from the handset cradle to the mower. My RL850 did the same when that cable was defective.

      Tim

      To: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com
      From: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 07:06:00 -0700
      Subject: [RoboMower] Batteries not charging

      Hello everyone.  I haven't posted on this group for a long time.  My RL550 was purchased around 2004 and its still going strong.  Well, until now.  Maybe someone can help me out with this problem.

      The batteries are not taking a charge.  The screen display shows that it is charging, but then will either beep at me or will display the message "check power."   I have plugged another device into my power outlet and it works fine.  It doesn't matter how long I leave it on the charger, it just isn't charging.

      I'm assuming that my battery charger has failed.  Would there me anything else that could cause the problem?

      Thanks,

      Ken Hawn
      Jacksonville

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic