18709Re: [RoboMower] Service and Repair address?? Reviews?

  • Austin Morgan
    Apr 8, 2014
      Last I checked Probotics was one of the few still working on Robomowers
      in the US. I haven't checked recently though. According to their website
      getting an Robomow box will put you under the UPS surcharge though.
      http://www.probotics.com/robomower-repair.htm

      Austin

      On Tue, Apr 08, 2014 at 03:06:09PM -0700, Belen Raymond wrote:
      > Hello, group!  First time posting in this forum.  I'm in Green Bay, WI 54301.
      >
      > I have two Robomowers that I'd like to get serviced.  One yellow RL850 and one green RL1000.  Both robomowers were spinning crop circles at the end of last year (2013).  When we went to put them away, the RL1000 wouldn't charge and kept beeping.  (In our wall outlet...we had issues with our docking station in 2010 and just gave up and started putting him to charge in our garage.  (Easy peasy.)  I would love to fix at least one of these myself, but I honestly don't know what I'm doing.  My husband tried to open the RL1000 and now it won't charge at all and the controller appears dead?  Maybe a theft deterrent kicked in?  I have no clue as he was only trying to take off the green housing...no clue. Anyway, I want to send them in to someone to fix because we love them!
      >
      > I found an address for repair in Vero Beach, FL through a quick online search, but not sure if that is where I should send them.
      >
      > So, my TWO QUESTIONS:  Does anyone have experience sending them back in and the turn around time?  AND does anyone know if there is a service or repair place near my location?  I have a feeling the shipping cost is going to kill me and if I have to spend $500 fixing one of my guys, I don't know if it's worth it or if I should say that my 6 year run with these awesome guys have been worth the hefty price tag.  UPS gave me a shipping estimate of $249 to Florida with a custom box and that was one way for one machine.  YIKES!
      >
      > Can someone out there tell me what my options might be?
      >
      > Thank you, Belen
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic