      From: rann_georgia <southbound03@...>
      To: RoboMower@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2013 3:55 PM
      Subject: [RoboMower] A couple months ago, someone posted about their mower was dead

      He thought there was an issue with the controller. I wonder if he found his problem.

      I started out replacing a drive motor but due to rain and then needing additional parts, it's still apart.

      Now it's dead. There was some corrosion on the charging board and cable where the controller with its telephone like plug hooks up. I bought a computer/electronics cleaner with lubrication which with a soft bristle brush, cleaned out the corrosion. the contacts on the controller look good.

      I'm thinking the problem could be the ribbin cable between the controller/charging board and the main board, or that the battery pack won't hold a charge at all.

      I've not put it back together as I think the machine shop damaged one motor putting a pinon gear on it. I don't see why not having the cover off would prevent the controller from starting up and at least show charging the battery pack.

      Next step is to disconnect the drive motors and the battery pack, after charging it overnight and try jumping each motor directly. When I told the man at Probotics that one motor was possibly damaged, he told me this could be done.

      Any other ideas?

      I thought the next step if that doesn't work would be buy a new ribbon cable which had some corrosion on it as they're around ten bucks.