18506Re: [RoboMower] Re: RM400 - Problems - Tilt - Bump and Pick up Sensors

  • Lee Hart
    May 3, 2013
      On 5/2/2013 10:31 PM, mowbo wrote:
      > I have used regular wire for my installation and that works fine, no need to buy the expensive robomower wire, only thing is that i used black wire so i took awhile till you couldn't see it anymore.

      The only precaution is not to use cheap wire. There are two reasons:

      1. Cheap wire often uses cheap plasticisers (like peanut oil) to make
      the plastic flexible. This smells like "food" to moles, gophers,
      squirrels, etc. They will EAT it!

      2. Cheap wire doesn't have the stabilizers to resist UV or ground
      water. It will get brittle and crack with age, so you'll have to
      repair or replace it. Look for UF or UH class insulations that
      are intended for direct burial.

      --
      The greatest pleasure in life is to create something that wasn't there
      before. -- Roy Spence