18500Re: RM400 - Problems - Tilt - Bump and Pick up Sensors

  • mowbo
    May 2, 2013
      I have used regular wire for my installation and that works fine, no need to buy the expensive robomower wire, only thing is that i used black wire so i took awhile till you couldn't see it anymore.

      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "rann_georgia" <southbound03@...> wrote:

      > Part of the advertising by the manufacturer is the safety of these units that the blades will stop before anything like fingers have the chance to get near them. Maybe they will replace the board for free to keep their statements true? I myself have had this happen when the unit became fairly hot.
      >
      > I don't think anyone addressed the question about the wire. No, I don't think there's anything special about the wire other than it comes packaged so that it's easy to lay out.
      >
      > Do yourself a favor and each time you have to cut the wire for whatever reason, solder it back, tape it and then finish off with liquid black tape. It'll save a lot of headaches in a couple of years down the road.
      >
      > --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "b0omsling" <brettandheidi@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I've picked up a second hand RM400 however its not functioning correctly.
      > >
      > > The cutter motor will start up on its own when navigating the menus
      > > The cutter motor does not shut off when the mower is picked up
      > > The bump sensor doesn't work, it does not detect any bumps and just keeps going.
      > > Tilt sensors fails to shut down the cutter
      > >
      > > The unit has had very little use, the menu only show 23 Hrs run time and the robot its self is in very good cosmetic condition.
      > >
      > > I'm guessing the the drop off board assembly is faulty but wanted to tap in to your collective knowledge
      > >
      > > I will also add that when running any calibrations or tests it fails to produce a error code.
      > >
      > > Lastly is there anything special about the perimeter wire that means I have to buy the official robomow wire?
      > >
      > > Thanks for reading.

    • Show all 20 messages in this topic