18376Re: RL 550 Battery replacement

  • bkelley9401
    Oct 3, 2012
      From the link you posted I assume your from Ireland and not the states.
      Yuasa makes good batteries, but here in the states yuasa sold their agm line (EnerSys) and the YPC22-12 isn't available in the states. Yuasa NPC17-12 was original battery for the robomower in the US and was a good battery. So I see no reason for the YPC22-12 battery not to be good. The ah rate to battery weight is good. I do use a EnerSys NP18-12 battery and it works just fine. Yuasa is a global company and applies their standards to all manufacturing plants not just paper stickers and gray cases. This IS my opinion so good luck.
      BKelley
      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "colintyrrell77" <colintyrrell77@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      > I was looking up info on my Robomow when I found this forum; thanks for being allowed to join.
      >
      > The battery on my RL550 seems to be degraded. I'm not sure if is is both batteries, or just the one that is degraded. Bascially I'm getting about 70 mins mowing time.. I was getting up to 160 minutes.
      > The battery pack packs consists of two x BB Battery EP17-12:
      > http://www.sader.com.tr/images/urunler/EP17_12.pdf
      >
      > I'd like to change the batteries. I'm wondering if these will be sufficient, or not:
      > http://www.yuasaeurope.com/images/uploads/uk/downloads/datasheets/Yucel/YPC22-12_UK.pdf
      >
      > What do you think?
      > Thanks,
      > Colin