1700Re: response to Iggy @ Zone Hopping

  • terry_veldhuizen
    Mar 2, 2004
      Patti,

      Might I recomend that you lay down some plactic pipe (around 1/2 or
      3/4 inch) under the sidewalk and driveway. The plastic conduit type
      is a little thicker than the schedule 40 PVC pipe, or get shchedule
      80 PCV pipe. That way you could pull through a wire, and replace it
      in the future if required. I have went as deep as 8" below the
      surface and my RL 500 has never missed it and went awol. If it were
      me, I would get a piece of pipe about 8"-10" longer than the width of
      the sidewalk, tape both ends closed, then after the concrete forms
      are in place I would slip the pipe under the forms and let them lay
      the re-bar (if any) and pour the concrete. After the forms are
      removed and the crew leaves, you can dig where the pipe is run the
      wire through it. A depth of more than 4" also protects the wire
      should anyone edge the sidewalks.

      Be sure to check with the crew so they do not remove the pipe prior
      to pouring the concrete.

      Good Luck
      Terry Veldhuizen

      --- In RoboMower@yahoogroups.com, "Patti" <patti1214@c...> wrote:
      > we're actually getting the driveway and sidewalk paved this
      summer. Maybe
      > I can bury it under the hot top. Of course, we're paying for the
      sidewalk,
      > not the town, but it needs it bad and I can't see putting in a
      driveway
      > without doing the sidewalks as well--they're all bumpy and broken
      up since
      > we just had town sewer put in last summer and it ruined most of the
      > sidewalks around here.

      So, Clint