16991Re: [RoboMower] Re: RL1000 Power Supply replacement options

    May 4, 2010
      I doubt it requires 38v. The supply may provide 38v, but I doubt it's
      needed. A charger will need some headroom, but the highest an SLA batt
      should be is about 14.4v, or 28.8v total (and that's for a fast
      charge). A charger MIGHT need 2 or 3 volts of headroom. In many cases
      though it can be much less.

      Your standard "wall wart" unregulated transformer is rated for a certain
      voltage AT a certain load. But open-circuit or lightly loaded, the
      voltage is much higher. It drops significantly by the time it gets to
      full load. So where did this number come from? The unloaded voltage?

      Danny