15448RE: [RoboMower] Re: What happened to this group?

    Nov 9, 2008
      Hi Tom,

      Do you have more than one zone set up? If so, do they come close to each
      other (within 5 or 6 feet)?

      That's one thing that can cause a mower to get confused about the perimeter,
      and I've duplicated that with my own tests. Be sure adjacent zones are
      turned off as FR specifies. They're not kidding about that.

      Since adjacent zones can cause this problem, other electrical interference
      may do it as well. I have not experience with other electrical noise doing
      that, but it's something you might want to consider.

      Dan

      _____

      From: Christopher Zach <cz@....
      <mailto:cz%40alembic.crystel.com> com>
      To: RoboMower@yahoogrou <mailto:RoboMower%40yahoogroups.com> ps.com
      Date: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 4:32 PM

      Leszek Skulski wrote:

      > As far asd your comment of mowers not workign perfectly, I had two
      Robomowers fail in one week. My RL800 had the keypad go bad out of the blue.
      A $120 fix I wish did not happen, but could be worse. My RL1000 on the other
      hand had a much more severe malfunction. It drove out of the perimeter wire
      a good 30 feet or so. Normally that would probably not be a bd thing, but
      the last 10 feet of that journey was the competition ski lake behind my
      home. Needless to say, it's 100% dead, but I am happy to say that Robomower
      is standing behind their product and promised to replace it. Steve at
      Probotics in PA where I purchased my RL1000 was nice enough to help me with
      all this and is taking care of my replacement as I post. There still is not
      a real good explanation for what happened though, hence the replacement as
      this is just not supposed to happen. I have since mowed the same area with
      my repaired RL800 and no problems, so I hope this is a one

      > in a billion glitch. Anyone else ever had an RL1000 go rogue?

      Neat! So it actually got 10 feet into the lake before it died? I'm

      impressed; must be the rain-proofing.

      I'm not sure if the Robomower boards are conformal coated or not; if so

      taking it totally apart and washing it in isopropyl alcohol should get

      it running; I once had an electric car controller that sat for a month

      in antifreeze/water that came back after being soaked in alcohol, then

      again and again then dried in a 120 degree oven. However if it went

      rolling out of the field something is massively wrong.

      Fixing the controller switches is not hard if one knows how to solder:

      Radio shack sells the micro-switches and I was able to remove the old

      ones and put new ones on with a 15 watt iron. Just use really thin solder.

      Chris