14577Re: [RoboMower] Re: Consumer Reports Column

  • stuarth44@aol.com
    Apr 3, 2008
      I've found that you can only use Consumer Reports as source of information
      when making a purchase, but not the only source. I still find their reviews
      helpful, but they do miss the boat sometimes.

      As far as what supervise means. I think that they made a proper assumption.
      If there's potential danger, looking outside every so often won't do much.
      It takes only a second for a kid to run into your yard. All Consumer
      Reports did was report what the instructions say.

      I personally base my supervision of the RoboMower based on what's going on
      outside at the time. If there are a lot of kids around, I tend to be outside
      with it doing other things, like working on the garden, edging, etc.

      Stuart

      In a message dated 4/2/2008 10:57:47 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      mark@... writes:

      Once again Consumer Reports missed the point; that's why I no longer
      subscribe.

      Supervise doesn't mean that you have to sit there for four hours and
      do nothing else! You need to be aware of what's going on, look
      outside every so often, etc.

      I use forums like this one to check on how a product is satisfying
      consumers. I find the real world experiences of hundreds of users
      much more valuable than a few lab rats at CR.

      Long Live Robomower!