14575Re: [RoboMower] Re: Consumer Reports Column

  • Matt Cooper
    Apr 2, 2008

      It's been a while since I have talked to you......Just to let you know something about the new gear case assembly.... When I go a the newly improved gearbox to repair an old RL500 I was amazed how much better in design it is. It is have a large tubular aluminum heat sink encasing both motors entirely and it is designed to be more rigid when installed into the mower. I gave some input to FR about improvements, but they superseded my expectations and made a better (but somewhat similar) design than my suggestion.

      To others on this yahoo group: Although it sounds like I am only paying lip service to FR ...I sell FR products and do repairs on the side (since I am an engineer for a worldwide heavy equipment manufacturer ...and not so inclined to attempt at dazzling people in sales jargon so I can make a huge profit.).

      Best regards...

      Matt Cooper, Owner of AutoMate Tools
      Friendly Robotics Authorized Sales and Service,
      New RL and RM Robomowers & Durable Greenhouses
      Service specializing repairs and complete/partial upgrades*
      (Software, circuit boards, gear case upgrades, etc - a full service company)
      Phone # (214) 538-0409, Located at Mesquite, Texas - Serving all USA and Canada.

      *Increasing the acceleration/speed performance of RL500's and other RL model improvements.

      Robomower demonstrations for the Dallas/Fort Worth Area and elsewhere when possible.

      wild_bill_howell <wild_bill_howell@...> wrote:
      > As for the RoboMower, its cut was unimpressive, and it sometimes got
      > stuck>

      Because it's apt to get Stuck-On-Stupid and a human must rescue the
      mower before a non-thermally protected drive motor melts an
      expensive-to-replace gear-case.

      BTW, the dual-wheel modification was pretty much the 'cure' for my

      Same complaint.....different year

      Yahoo! Groups Links