1315Re: Mowing in cold weather

  • Iggy and Svetlana
    Dec 9, 2003
      I visited a guy a few months ago that owned an Automower. I know
      > the Robo has a bigger battery, but a battery is a battery none the
      > less. Anyway, he left his mower out in the winter and something to
      > do with the freezing and the moisture damaged the onboard computer.
      > The battery seemed to be okay. So, I'm guessing that freezing
      > temperatures and moisture really may harm your robo computer as
      > well. As you also suggested, I would imagine that the colder temps
      > would cause the battery to run down faster.
      >
      > Is there not a temperature warning in the manual or on the battery
      > that says warning do not operate within these temps? I gues you
      > would have to google for "cold affect on batteries"

      I got an e-mail from FriendlyRobotics - they say you can mow without any
      harm to your battery in cold temps. As long as it's not below zero :o)
      Fahrenheit - and this is VERY COLD :o)

      Can you talk a bit about this guys experience with the AutoMower? Can you
      sign him up for this group so he can share his experiences?

      Sincerely,

      IGGY Dybal

      Your Real Estate Consultant - Kansas City - RE/MAX Best

      E-mail: mailto:iggy@... Web site: http://www.iggy.net
      Office: 913-894-4024 Toll-free: 877-550-IGGY/4449
      Fax: 913-451-5361
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic