The Greening of Spring - Vernal Equinox Program

  • stacyatriverbend
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2008
      Hello Everyone,

      I hope everyone is having a wonderful winter, but believe it or not
      winter is almost over! To help us prepare for spring join us this
      Saturday, March 8th from 2:30-4:00 for Vernal Equinox- The Greening of
      Spring. The Vernal Equinox is the first day of spring in the Northern
      Hemisphere and is marked by the equal length of day and night. Because
      people thousands of years ago feared winter meant the sun might never
      return, the lengthening of days was met with great celebration. Join
      us to take a tour of the Equinox's significance, both in nature and in
      history. Find out the significance of eggs, rabbits and nests. Play
      fun Equinox games, go on an egg hunt and make a craft! Recommended for
      ages 6 and above. Admission is $5/child. Pre-registration is required
      to Amelia at 610-527-5234 x105 or aabromaitis@....

      Hope to see you all at Riverbend soon!
      Stacy