Earth Day Weekend

  • stacyatriverbend
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2007
      Hello Everyone!

      Although the snow might confuse you, Earth Day is really this
      weekend! There are so many wonderful events going on all throughout
      our area. Riverbend staff will be at several so make sure to stop by
      and say hello!

      We also want to make everyone aware of a Special Screening of An
      Inconvenient Truth on Earth Day, Sunday April 22nd at the Bryn Mawr
      Film Institute. This screening is free to students with valid
      student ID and is open to the public. The event begins at 1:00 and
      is hosted by The Bryn Mawr Film Institute and The Green Council of
      Lower Merion Township. In addition to the film screening, local
      businesses and organizations will be distributing information about
      how we can all contribute to bettering the environment. Whole Foods
      is sponsoring the event and will be distributing samples of
      environmentally friendly cleaning products. At the end of the
      screening, there will be an opportunity for questions and answers
      with a panel of individuals in our community who strive for
      environmental initiatives on both local and global levels, including
      environmental activist and lawyer Bradford Whitman. State
      Representative Daylin Leach, and Lower Merion Green Council co-
      founder Joseph Mudd.

      I hope everyone enjoys some outdoor time this Earth Day Weekend!
      Stacy Carr-Poole
      Director of Education